Cold Games

Thank you for staying with me even though I'm so hard to deal with.

Wish #8: Have my first kiss

•|•|•|•|•

Dave’s POV

I froze. I completely froze. Having Kath’s lips pressed to mine was something I never expected. Why is she so unpredictable. I felt my blood boiling all over making me terribly warm against the cold.

My eyes remained open through the kiss, which only lasted a few seconds before Kath pulled away. I just stared at her shocked while she mumbled something to herself. She sneezed.

“Um,uh…let’s go home” I quickly said, “we are soaking wet”. I was about to take Kath’s hand when I remembered the kiss. I hesitated but Kath took my hand so there was nothing to think about.

We took a keke then trekked halfway back home. Do I talk about the kiss or do I ignore it? There is no way I can ignore it. It will be best if we talk about it. I am sure its nothing. I don’t like Kath and she doesn’t like me.

Ha! Her liking me is impossible. She is a crazy girl who deserves an equally crazy guy. We stopped in front of the house and looked at the sky. the rained had stopped. I took off my jacket since it was just soaked.

“uh, Kath” I started awkwardly, “about the kiss–“.

“Oh that” Kath said oddly cheery, “I actually wanted to know what a kiss actually felt like”.

My face probably looked confused now, “you wanted to what?”.

“uh, yeah. You know my dad has never let me leave the house so how would I even get a chance to kiss a guy? My dad would have simply beheaded any guy who attempted to kiss me”.

I stared at her with a slackened jaw. “you are 22 years old and you’ve never been kissed by anyone?!” I exclaimed in shock.

Kath shrugged with a sheepish look, “yeah I know, how embarrassing right”.

I suddenly felt a pang of sadness and pulled her in my arms, stroking her hair gently. “Oh you poor child” I cooed sadly and somewhat dramatically. I also said it in a way to tease her.

“Hey!” Kath pulled away. She glared at me, “don’t pity me. It doesn’t matter now”.

“yeah, so that means, I’m your first kiss” I said in realization.

“yeah” Kath admitted, hiding her face from me.

“Why?”.

“I had to get that first kiss thing done. It was on my wish list, how come you didn’t see it” Kath said not looking me in the eye.

“because the crazier ones were on top of the list?” I answered unsure, “but answer my question, why me? Why not Ayo? You had enough chances. It would have been one kiss and then done”. I don’t know why but the idea of Kath kissing Ayo left a bitter feeling in my chest.

“yes. My first kiss wasn’t really supposed to be anything special” Kath said earnestly, “all I wanted was to get it over with but then I met you. You became my first real friend, my confidante. I trust you, so I decided to have my first kiss with you because I knew you would respect me. Respect the kiss as a good friend”.

Staring at Kath, I couldn’t help the slight smile that came to my face. “Atchoo!” Kath sniffed again and coughed. I sighed, rolling my eyes “I told you not to play in the rain but you never listen to me. Stupid”.

Kath pouted at me but I ignored her and opened the door for us. Sam was in the living room watching football. “What happened to you? You are soaking wet” he asked looking amused.