The Kidnapping - Prt 2

I'm glad I found you,I hope you know that.

•|•|•|•|•

Dave's POV

I couldn't understand what happened. Minutes ago,i was at the restaurant watching the person who kidnapped Kath drive away and suddenly,the next thing i know,I'm in a dark room tied up with a black bag over my head.

I was kidnapped just like Kath. They probably knocked me out the moment they pointed the gun at the back of my head. I still couldn't understand why they kidnapped me,I'm not rich...thinking back to the kidnapping...are they the same men that took Kath? If so,where is she? And why did one of them drive off leaving the other....

Ah,this is getting so confusing and I can barely breathe well through this sack. I tried to move but it was pointless,I was tied tight. I stayed quiet for awhile,listening to a conversation I heard over the door.

"What do you mean Katherine wasn't with him?" I heard a deep voice bellow angrily.

"There was no one with him. We checked the restaurant,Kath was gone".

"Something is wrong" a woman said panicked, "I talked to Kath this evening and she was fine but then,she dropped the phone and....I think something happened to her".

"Who could it be?" Another woman asked in a hoarse voice. "Liz,do you have any idea?".

"Many" a different voice spoke, "there are many gangs who want to take over Don Okafor but the prominent one is Abdul Hassan".

"Right,you said he attacked you and Kath at the club". There was a short silence.

"We have to wait till the Don gets back but you have to search for Kath right now. Any more delay may cause Kath's life to be in danger" the hoarse voice spoke again. There was silence and a few shuffles after. Silence followed.

Hold on! Don?! Gang?! Katherine is part of a gang?! My God,Dave you've really entered. She is related to Don Okafor?! The biggest Don in Nigeria?! She has killed me.

But despite my predicament,I couldn't help but feel worried about Kath. If they haven't found Kath,that means she is in real danger...just like me!

I stayed in silence for a while then I heard shuffles. The door creaked open and i heard someone walk in. The person removed the sack off my head and i saw a woman. She had fair skin and gold braided hair.

I tried to speak through the gag in my mouth but it came out muffled. The woman put a finger on her lips signalling me to stay quiet. I nodded and she slowly peeled off the gag.

"Who are you?" I asked immediately a little miffed.

"I am Katherine's friend,Elizabeth but you can call me Liz" she introduced herself.

"Wait? You are Liz? The Liz Katherine talks about?" I asked shocked. She nodded as she untied the ropes on my hands and legs. I got up,rubbing my sore wrists as I stared at her impassive face.

"Why are you helping me?" I asked suspiciously.

"You have nothing to do with our issues. I bet you have no idea what's going on".