Tremors of the Heart

Some people always smile because they know smiling is a lot easier than explaining why they are sad.

•|•|•|•|•

The next two days passed by very fast, but was always slow whenever Kath disturbed me. She can be really annoying when she wants to be and she doesn’t know when to stop. Thank goodness Wednesday arrived, dealing with Kath’s energy would now be shared between me, my friends and the day.

Sandra, Kath and I stood outside the entrance of the zoo waiting for Sam. “where the heck is Sam?!” Kath exclaimed with a frown, “we don’t have all day to waste”.

“he will be here Kath, just chill” I said frustrated. I narrowed my eyes at her giving her a warning look. She just huffed and crossed her arms. Luckily for…me, Sam arrived sooner with a lady. I smirked knowingly, “Sam, who is this lovely lady?”.

Sam subtly shot me a look which read, ‘shut up’. He smiled sweetly, “this is Chioma, my work mate. Chioma, this is Sandra, Dave and Katherine”.

“Nice to meet you” Chioma said softly.

“Hello”.

“hi”.

“Finally, you took forever to get here” Kath said shooting daggers at Sam with her eyes. Sam glared at her in response and she turned sweetly to Chioma.

“It’s really nice to meet you” She said, walking over to Chioma and pushing Sam to the side. Kath began talking to Chioma while pulling away from us. Ah Kath, she is really more savage than me.

“What the…” Sam stared at them in incomprehension, “did she just steal Chioma from me? What is she up to?”.

“Just take it as Kath’s revenge for arriving late” I simply told him and went to the entrance. We paid the fees and went inside the zoo with a guide.

“Beautiful” Sandra said while Sam was trying to get into the conversation with Chioma and Kath but Kath kept butting him out. I stifled my laugh and continued walking. We saw a crocodile, monkey, and we were about to see a tortoise next when Kath skipped to me.

“I thought you said Ayo was going to be here” she said somewhat disappointed. A part of me was feeling…strange  hearing that. I answered her, “I don’t think he is coming”.

“Really?” she looked down really disappointed now, “that’s a bummer. Why did you tell me he was coming if he wasn’t going to come?!”.

“Kath, calm down. It was a mistake on my part” I said trying to calm her. Kath frowned, “I am mad at you”.

“Oh what?! Seriously?!” I said surprised as Kath walked off. I stared at her helplessly.  Why are girls so…strange? They light up like a fuse whenever you say something, whether good or bad. They are so confusing.

I followed after Kath and saw her taking pictures. I crept up behind her, “Boo!”. “Ah!” She shrieked in shock and dropped the camera which I caught in my hand. I smirked smugly at her.

“you…!” Kath glared at me and tried to take her camera but I held it above her head. She is so short, it’s so easy to make fun of her.