I care so much it hurts

I don't like you but i will always care for you.

•|•|•|•|•

Dave’s POV.

I woke up early and helped my mom with the chores. Sam walked out of the room dressed casually. “Where are you going?” I asked.

“Work. Have fun, enjoy life” Sam answered, heading for the door.

“stop talking like that, I’m not a kid” I soured.

“aww, baby brother blues” a voice cooed, coming from the passage door. I saw Kath and I frowned at her. She was dressed in a simple t-shirt and shorts.

“you are still a kid to your elders, especially siblings”.

“stop being a pest. I’m sure your sister must have felt like the elder sister to have had to be dealing with you” I retorted but she brushed it off.

“so petty…” she tsked and I stared at her bewildered. Forget it, Kath will only make you run mad. Don’t ever try to reason or argue with her.

“How could you sleep with that?” I asked eyeing Kath’s cloth. They didn’t look comfortable at all.

“the same way you men sleep in boxers, jeans and whatnots” Kath answered simply. She watched me mop the floors, “should I help?”.

“no, how about you do the dusting?” I suggested. She nodded and grabbed a napkin since we didn’t have a feather duster. She began dusting and she was doing a terrible job. I laughed at her, “what are you doing? Have you ever done dusting? You are doing a terrible job”.

“Don’t mock me” Kath frowned and I chuckled. Now the roles are reversed. I moved to Kath.

“you have to hold the napkin tight and…” I took Katherine’s hand in mine and despite the burning sensation I felt once we touched, I showed Kath how to dust. Kath watched the way I did it and her hands moved in mine. As if being burnt, she jerked and it caused me to fall backwards with her following.

“Ah!”.

“Ouch!” I groaned, “this can’t be happening”.

Kath was on top of me. She rolled so she would be facing me. “Are you alright Dave? Oh, I am so sorry. What can I do?” Kath said, apologizing profusely.

“get off me for starters” I managed to croak.

Kath looked around, “Where? It’s a bit crowded here. Should I roll side or up?”.

“You’re killing me” I grunted wide eyed.

“I thought you said I was light, weightless” Kath said, making herself comfortable on my chest.

I glared at her, “KAATHERINEEE!”.

“Oops” she jerked and I winced as she fell back on my chest. I opened my squinted eyes to take a look at her and her face was so close. Her skin stood out. It is so shiny and brown, it’s beautiful.

Kath finally managed to get off me and I stood up as well, staggering for a bit. I snatched the napkin from her hand. She watched me as I coughed, massaging the back of my head. “I am never going to give you any work to do, you are such a klutz” I said glaring at her.

“Come on Dave, that’s a mean thing to say” Kath whined following me, “and give me another chance. I will do better next time”.

Yeah, never gonna happen.

After that, I finished the chores and went to take a bath and dressed up. Kath was done too and mom had come back from the store where she bought breakfast.