THE END

In my life, the greatest moment of happiness was that I met you and my greatest misfortune is that we can’t be together.

•|•|•|•|•

I walked around the mansion in shock. I didn’t know what to think. I was disgusted to imagine that Chika killed her sister, just for me. I suddenly felt depressed, indirectly it was all my fault Kath died.

If Chika hadn’t fallen for me, Kath could have lived longer. If Kath hadn’t fallen in love with me, Chika wouldn’t have killed her. It was all my fault.

“This is all my fault” I muttered, “I am so sorry Kath, it’s all my fault”. I slept with that thought and soon, I found myself dreaming. It was a strange dream, Kath was there, she was telling me to….run?.

“Run Dave! Run!” she yelled in a silent echo.

“Kath? What are you saying?” I said surprised, “what is going on?”. I felt myself floating, it was strange. I stretched out my hand to touch Kath and I was able to. She was right there.

“Kath, I…” I wondered why I wasn’t scared. To dream about someone who was dead was wrong but I didn’t feel anything bad. It was a good feeling.

“Run Dave run” Kath said, fear in her fragile eyes.

“Why? Why should I? I am here for you” I found myself saying. I suddenly felt myself loosing Kath. She was fading out of sight. “No!”.

“please Dave, run…” she said before finally fading away.

I shot out of bed in fright. “Katherine!” I screamed. I froze listening to the frantic beating of my heart. I breathed steadily, recovering from that shocking dream.

When I tried to think back to that dream, I couldn’t remember anything. The dream…Kath was there but I couldn’t remember anything. I grunted in frustration and laid back in bed.

•|•|•

Three days passed before we got the video and during those days, I got to know Kath’s mother. Kath gets her craziness from her father no doubt and her kind personality from her mom.

It’s a surprise that her mom is that kind when her husband is the biggest Don in Nigeria. I began to think why Chika turned out this way. Just because of me, or the environment she grew in. I played chess with her dad but we didn’t talk much. I also got to know why Chris was helping me so passionately.

“Why are you helping me Chris?” I asked.

“Why shouldn’t I? Kath was a lovely girl. Everyone loved how lively and cheerful she was despite her condition” Chris said, “everyone who works in this mansion would do anything they can to see that sunshine again”.

“I would too” I said sadly, “I would do anything to see her by my side”. Chris smiled sadly at me. “I won’t let Chika get away with this. She will have to pay for separating me from Katherine” I added.

I also did my best to avoid China because I was sure I would explode in anger. This is what happened three days till we got the CD proof. Now, the night before it all.

I was in a place. I was floating. It felt so lonely until I felt Kath. She was there, I knew she was there.

“Kath! Katherine!” I yelled panicked. I didn’t want to lose her again.