Secrets are best unspoken

Sometimes,I feel like the only one who doesn't know the truth.

•|•|•|•|•

Wish #1: give to a cause
Wish #2: go to a carnival.

Dave's POV

I woke up to the sight of Katherine. I groaned and covered myself with my wrapper again.

"Come on Dave,you promised to take me to the carnival" Kath complained and I was seriously regretting telling her that. I have work and–, Wait! Work!

I sat up immediately,staring at Kath with wide,worried eyes. "Kath,what's the time?".

"Past seven,what's wrong?" She asked,watching me shoot up from the couch and rush inside. I came out with a towel and a bucket. "No questions Kath,I have to be at work by 9 o'clock".

"But we will go to the carnival right after,yes or no?".

I shot her an irritated look "yes we will. Thanks for not helping".

"How would I know?" I heard her say as I stormed off. I took a bath,got dressed and sped off in my bike not bothering to eat breakfast.

"Dang!" I cursed. Breakfast! I forgot to prepare breakfast for Kath. I know she is annoying but it's still not fair to her.

I arrived at my work place and began to call Kath as I made my way to the restaurant. Kath answered the call and I spoke immediately. "Hey Kath,sorry I couldn't make breakfast. I had to rush to work,can–".

"Don't worry Dave. I got it. I just ordered pizza" she answered not in the least annoyed.

I quirked an eyebrow. "Pizza,lucky you,enjoy".

"Yep! Come back fast" she said and I hung up. I got in through the employee door and my coworkers greeted me.

"Hey Dave".

"Sup?".

"Morning".

I smiled and greeted them back,then I went to the employee's room to change. I came back to the kitchen ready to cook.

"Hey Dave,I heard that Miriam got married. I even saw her wedding photos" One of my coworkers,Toyosi said.

I stiffened and shut my eyes instinctively,an irritated look on my face. This is why I don't tell my coworkers anything,they are huge gossipers,men and women alike.

I decided to let it go since anybody would be curious. I moved to the fridge and began taking out food items.

"What happened? I thought you loved her" Another of my coworkers,Fred asked.

"I didn't" I said defensively. "I was close to,but I didn't".

"Stop being cryptic and tell us what happened dude" another one of my coworkers asked,almost abandoning his work to listen to me.

I sighed in defeat. "She just dated me so she could have fun. She knew she was getting married a long time ago and wanted freedom for a while. She used me to be satisfied for when she got married," I ignored everyone's pitiful stares, "She got married to some rich dumbo she doesn't love but who gets married to anyone they love this days" I added with a bitter smile.