She is not my girlfriend

It's funny how you can know somebody for long and they change right in front of you.

Wish #5: Go skydiving.

•|•|•|•|•

Dave's POV

"Let me know how you talked me into this!" I yelled against the raging wind.

"You can't back out now Dave!" Kath yelled,squinting her eyes in the wind. "We made a pact!".

"To hell with the pact,I am not going to die young because of you!" I yelled.

"Dave! We are doing this together!" Kath yelled back.

I should have known yesterday when Kath asked me, "Dave? Are you scared of heights?" That something was wrong somewhere.

I responded with an ,'uh,not really I guess. It depends on the height and where i'm looking from'. Apparently,that answer only encouraged her more to take me sky diving. Now we were on a plane high up in the sky with parachutes.

"Don't worry,you will be safe" Our instructor said, "just get ready to pull out the parachute when i tell you,you will be fine and also,never jump past the jump zone".

"It doesn't matter cos' I am not doing this" I said.

"Come on Dave, pleaassseeee" Kath begged.

I looked at her pleading eyes and sighed heavily in defeat. "if I die,I will haunt you".

Kath grinned and wore her goggles. I did the same.

"Follow me" the instructor said "aannnd....JUMP!".

Everything happened so fast that when I opened my eyes,I was screaming and hovering in the air,gently gliding down. This has got to be the most impulsive thing I had ever done.

"Aaaaahhhh!!!" I saw Katherine screaming and laughing at the same time. At a point,our instructor told us to let out our parachutes and we did. It turns out it wasn't as scary and terrifying as it was at first. Kath took a few pictures. She is lucky her phone didn't drop,it would have been irreparable.

My thoughts wandered and I thought about yesterday,Katherine was so upset about the man and that bothered me. I wasn't used to seeing Kath bothered,it just wasn't her. What the man said bothered me too but I had to stay strong for Kath. She didn't look too enthusiastic at that moment and I didn't want to burden her with my worries so I ignored it and made Kath forget it.

We finally landed and changed back to our clothes. I walked out of the building in large strides with Kath in tow.

"You should have seen your face" Kath laughed, "I thought you were going to pee your pants".

I adjusted my trousers, "no, you should have seen your face".

"So where are we going next?" Kath asked.

"What do you mean we? The only place we and by we I mean you are going is home".

"Why?!" Kath whined.

"My shift starts soon" i answered simply.

"What about tomorrow?".