0.10

TW: SELF-HARM AND PSYCHOSIS EPISODE

"is your dad home?" i ask Nyla helping her out the car

"I don't think so. Either way I don't want him to see me like this" she grumbles.

"where are your keys?" I ask her

"I don't use the keys. i go through the garage. the code is 033011" she mumbles. i walk us to the garage and put in the code.

"shit i need my fingerprint." she puts her thumb on the pad and the garage opens up. we walk through and go to the door that enters the house. Nyla presses a button that closes the garage door.

i follow her down a dark hallway before we reach a staircase.

"be careful." I say steadying her. we slowly walk up the staircase, Nyla stumbling a few times and refusing to let me pick her up.

once we're at the top she turns the light on, but quickly turns it off.

"too bright." Nyla grumbles.

"this is your whole room?" I ask as she locates her bed.

"yes" she mumbles kicking off her heels. from the glimce i saw from when the light was on, her whole room is above the garage. it's like her own private area.

she walks over to her nightstand, the only light coming from the moon. she turns on a lamp, brightening part of the room.

i look around her room. her walls are white, but they all have something on it. the far wall, which her bed sits against, as drawings and sketches. the whole wall filled with different pieces. the wall to the right of the room has a long desk against it. the desk full of sketch books, a mac monitor and MacBook. a ditagal drawing pad hooked up to the monitor. pencils, markers, paint brushes and pencil crayons scattered. the wall to the left has shelves of books. all colour coded. since the stairs split in the middle of the wall the right side has a mural of new york. the right side has medals and trophies. i look up and the ceiling is full of posters. music and movies.

our rooms are total opposites. mine is dark. a few posters, which are iron man posters from each movie. my pc setup sits closest to the door and that's it. no personality in my room.

where as Nyla's room has her personality. her imagination and creativity. she made it unique and I like it.

"I like your room." I mumble, still looking around.

"it's still incomplete, believe it or not." she slurs, walking out her closet. she has an oversized t-shirt on with spandex.

this is why I never went to the volleyball games. I can still see her ass. god damn.

"Are you gonna be ok?" I ask, Nyla.

"can you stay?" she asks sitting on her bed

"I can't." I say walking over to her.