0.2

"you're an imposter

"you're an imposter."

Malik shakes his head.

"stop lying."

I look over at his switch to see him kill another player.

"you liar. I'm calling a meeting." I snicker making my crewmate run through the shield.

luckily someone else calls it before I could get to the button.

"Why did you say I was the imposter?" I scoff as I watch everyone vote for me. I end up being voted out. I hear Malik snicker at me.

I watch him play on his switch while we wait.

dad called a meeting, which is why my brother and I were dismissed from school early. though we had no reason to be, I'm still glad. having a bunch of girls gawk at me while working out, isn't my cup of tea. plus the whole class went without their shirts today, I swear five out of twenty of us actually go shirtless in a regular class.

I only wanted one girl to look at me. and the entire class she had her eyes in a book like she always does.

"come on, put those away." my dad comes in, hitting Malik and i's head.

"you didn't have to hit our heads," I mumble, turning off my switch and putting it in its case.

"you came from my balls. I can hit your heads if I want to." my dad says sitting in the chair beside me. my mom comes in and sits down on the other side of dad.

"you didn't have to say that." I sigh. why are Italians so blunt? I smooth out my black Armani suit and fix the watch on my wrist.

I don't like wearing suits on the regular. I'm not a dress-up kind of guy. but when it comes down to business, suites are mandatory. my dad says to dress your best. All black, suit with a white button-up and Jordan 4s. I may own a collection of suits, but that doesn't mean I own a collection of dress shoes.

my dad maybe Mr.dress to impress but, Jordans are his go too. As a kid, I owned all kinds of shoes and as I got older, I started collecting them. I own a stupid amount of white and black Air Force 1s since they match with most of my suits, but somedays I go with Jordans. today I'm wearing my retro 4s, black cat.

Soon the door to the conference room opens.

"Malik" I nudge my little brother, as a way to tell him to put his switch away.

"King, great to see you again." I hear my dad great. my mom greets him next. "boys." dad quietly calls for us.

"Mateo, but if it's any easier to address me, call me Andreas. My brother, Malik." due to Malik's mutism, he doesn't greet himself so I do it for him. I shake the tall African-American man's hand. he looks around the same age as my dad. I would assume he's balled under the Yankees cap, he's wearing, since there's no sign of hair. I look to his left to greet the person he's come with.