CHAPTER-8

Beam entered the office with a smile on his face. He had a peaceful sleep last night after so many days. He even happily introduced himself to others. It doesn't matter what post they are working whether they are managers or the janitors or the security staff he will talk with the same smile on his face.

Beam was about to enter his cabin when Ploy called him.

"Good morning Ms. Ploy" as usual beam wishes her with his bright smile.

She returns his wish with a tight smile and hands him a file "Sir forth asked you to go through this file as you are also going to attend this meeting"

"May I know when is the meeting scheduled" beam asks as he starts to go through the file.

"Sharp 10 O'clock Mr. Beam so it's in half an hour" she says as she looks at her watch.

"Huh!? Half an hour?? How am I able to finish this?"

"It's your problem Mr. Beam. You should know being a PA you have to be ready for all kinds of impromptu meetings. Also let me inform you that there will be a meeting with all the managers everyday at 10. So be ready for that. I'm not going to remind you again. Now if you may excuse" with that she turns and leaves for her cabin.

Beam enters his cabin and starts going through the file. There was so much information for him to memorise and there was a very limited time. He can't understand how is he going to attend this meeting on the second day of his work.

All the managers along with beam and Ploy were seated in the meeting room when forth entered. As usual one by one explains about the ongoing works, the improvements or the problems aroused.

After everyone it was The security development manager term. He explained about the problem they are facing in developing a computer based security system which will alery the system and sends electric signals automatically making any intruder faint due to shock for the prime minister office. But there was a problem in the programme causing an error which no one is able to find.

"It's already been a week how come it's not solved lam?" Forth asks the manager come his friend Lam.

"We have been trying to find what's the error forth but still not able to find anything. We even took help from the best programme developers in our company but it's of no use" lam replies.

He is one of those few people who are allowed to call Forth by his name where ever they are. Everyone in the company know they are friends since school so no one comment anything about that.

"Anyone have any other suggestions regarding this?" Forth asks other people present in the room.

They looks at each other no one knows what exactly to suggest when the best people in the company doesn't know what to do. One person raises the hand and everyone's attention turns towards that hand.

"Yes Ms. Ploy?" Lam asks.

"Mr. Beam here is a computer engineering graduate along with MBA. So why don't we give him a chance sir?" she says in a polite tone.

"Huh!! Beam?" Forth asks and turns towards beam. He shakes his head "I don't think it's a good idea. He has just started his work yesterday and he still doesn't have experience. Let's think about some other options" he rejects right away.

But beam feels heavy in his heart as forth rejected his name even before anyone could say anything. Forth doesn't even think his name can be considered.

"If there is no problem can I look into the programme sir. I check if I can do anything" beam asks politely.

He never felt this urge to showcase his knowledge to anyone but now He wants to prove himself no matter what.

"Beam it's not any small job that you can just try ok. It's related to the primer ministers office and we cannot take any risk. Even if there will be a slight mistake it will cost us the name of our company" forth again denies Beam's request.

Beam feels terrible at that. How can forth gets into conclusion that he cannot do that work. He has not even seen the programme yet. But there was one person who was enjoying the show silently, Ploy.

"Forth I think we should give him a chance. We have already asked out experts we didn't get anything let him try" lam suggests as he can see the sadness in beams eyes when forth denied.

"Exactly. That's my point lam. If experts cannot do anything how can he do it? He is a rookie" forth still insists.

"When we started our work we were also rookies forth but no one looked down on us. Just because someone lack experience doesn't mean he doesn't know the work. Let him look into it. If he gets it our problem will be solved if he doesn't then we will not loose anything" lam explains.

Forth keeps quiet for sometime thinking what to do. But when he turns towards beam he can see mixed emotions of sadness and determination. He doesn't like the sadness in those eyes especially he is the cause of it.

"Ok I'll give him a day time and we will gather here at 6 in the evening. If he is not able to fix the error get someone else for that work" Forth announces and leaves the room without turning back.

He missed to see the happiness in beams face. He was determined to prove himself now. Lam came and hand overs the pendrive containing the programme to beam.

"Don't take Forth's words to your heart beam. This project is really important to us so he is stressed about that. Do whatever you can. If it's solved it's good but if it doesn't don't overthink ok. All the best" lam taps his shoulder and leaves the room.

Beam takes a look at the programme keenly but he didn't find any error no matter how many times he checks. So he decides to build a search engine to find the error. It's already lunch time but he is yet to develop the engine.

The time is ticking fast but the work is no where close to finish. He develops number of programmes but none are able to find anything. He didn't even bother to look into other work or even food.

It's so frustrating. Beam looks at the watch it's already 5pm. He have only an hour time. He gets up and moves to the window to get some fresh air. His entire body feel sore sitting in the same position since morning. He was looking at the vehicles moving on road when a sudden thought comes to his mind.

Beam literally runs and starts typing in his laptop. He was typing so fast that if the laptop could speak it will definitely beg him to leave. A smile forms on beams lips as he finishes the search engine and runs the programme.

Suddenly there was a knock on his door and Ploy enters his cabin even before he replies.

"I came here to remind you about the meeting. It's almost 6pm and all the managers including sir Forth will be there so come fast"

Beam just nods his head without giving any reply. His entire focus is on the programme that's running on his laptop screen. Ploy gets annoyed with beams behaviour. She stomps her feet and leaves the room closing the door with a loud thud. Beam doesn't even bother to look at that direction.

It's 6pm. All the managers along with lam are already present in the meeting room. When forth enters he doesn't see beam.

"Where is Beam Ms. Ploy?" forth turns and asks his secretary.

"I went to remind Me. Beam about the meeting sir but he didn't reply or even glanced at my direction sir" she said in a hurtfull tone that all managers took pity on her.

"If he is not here it means he is not able to solve the problem. I don't think we should waste our time anymore. Lam hire someone to take care of the issue" forth declares and lam nods his head in agreement.

No one can go against the mighty Forth Jaturapoom Jamornhum.

-------×-------×-------×------×-------×-------×-------

A/n: Ohhh my god I wrote and deleted the entire draft and rewrote this chapter guys.

Please do share your opinion in the comment section below.

Thank you.

Happy reading.