CHAPTER-23

Beam was looking around leisurely. It's his first time being here, in forth's house. He have been to Forth's parents home a few times but to forth's apartment...it's the first. For a bachelor forth's house seems to be very clean.

"How is it?" Forth's voice brought him back from admiring the architecture and design.

"It's nice phi....compared to my place this gives a different vibe" beam says looking around the house.

"What's different?" Forth asks curiously.

"My place, it's just a house where I eat and sleep but this feels different, your place gave me a different feeling when I entered" beam turns to look at forth "it....it feels home"

"Welcome home baby"

They both stood there looking at each other.

"I missed it" forth blinked when beam suddenly said that "I never thought hearing my name would be so painful until i heard you addressing me by my name instead of baby few hour back" forth remembered and understood about what beam was talking.

"please phi don't......don't call me like that again when we are alone. I never felt anything when you call me beam at work but today.... it hurts phi....here it hurts" beam says pointing at his heart.

Forth swallowed the lump in his throat. He closed his eyes for a brief second before heaving a sigh because he also felt the same pain. Forth looked at beam as he opened his arms. Beam didn't even waste a second and ran towards forth. He threw himself to forth's embrace who hugged him safely.

"I'm sorry baby I'm so so sorry....please forgive your phi naa" forth mumbled sorry in beam's ears.

Beam had his face hidden in forth's neck. Forth could feel beam's fast breath on his skin. Beam was trying really hard to control his emotions. Forth rubbed beam's head and kissed his ears and neck mumbling sweet words which eventually helped him calm down.

"Why you never said anything about these things happening when I asked you baby?" Forth asked as they both were sitting on the couch still having beam his embrace.

"You thought I don't know but I've observed every change in you baby. I knew something was wrong. You had this sorrowful face every time i see you. I've asked you many times but each time you said nothing is wrong Phi, everything is fine phi.

so i stopped asking and tried to be with you as much as possible. I even let my man follow you baby. You might hate me for prying into your privacy but that was the only way I had to keep my heart at ease.

I always wanted to keep you safe and happy. I was feeling proud of myself thinking I am protecting you the way I promised you. Guess what I failed" forth chuckled bitterly.

Beam looked at forth wide eyes. He never saw forth in this state. The forth he saw is a proud, confident and loving man. But now....this forth is different.....

beam cupped his face, "No phi you didn't fail...

Forth shook his head making beam stop whatever he wanted to say.

"I failed beam. I thought I kept you safe but the truth is in front of us. You suffered before but i was not there to protect you, even now you are suffering for two months and I don't even have a slightest idea about that"

"please phi don't say that it's....it's me phi...I didn't told you...that's why you don't know"

"Then why didn't you told me beam? Why didn't you said anything about this? Why you kept it to yourself and suffered all this time? Don't you trust me baby? Did I failed to gain your trust too?" forth asked in a low voice.