CHAPTER-9

"If he is not here it means he is not able to solve the problem. I don't think we should waste our time anymore. Lam hire someone to take care of the issue" forth declares and lam nods his head in agreement.

Forth turned and started walking. He was about to exit the door suddenly a voice make him halt his steps.

"WAIT" it's was lam.

Forth turned towards lam "Why are you shouting lam? No one is deaf here" he said irritatingly.

"Ummm sorry" lam said embarassingly "wait for a few minutes. Beam said he will come any minute now"

"When did he said?" Froth asked lam squinting his eyes.

"Umm just now. Actually I got his message when you were about to leave. So I called you but in hurry I didn't expect me to shout" lam said.

"How come you have his number? You met him today morning" forth hissed putting his hands on his hips.

"I went to his cabin during lunch break to check on his work. We exchanged number at that time. Poor him he was working without even eating anything"

Before forth could react the door opened suddenly. Forth and others turned towards the door. As beam was running he was not able to control his speed and collided with forth who was standing in the middle of the door and the table causing them to fall on the ground. Forth fell on the ground with beam on top of him.

(A/n: I know it's cliche but can't help I looooove this kind of scenes😉)

Many grasps were heard in the room with wide opened eyes looking at them. Beam slowly rised his head and looked at forth. They were lost in eachother's eyes but was disturbed when someone came and shook beam.

"What the...." Forth was about to shout but regained his composure when he realised where they were.

They both stood up from their position. Beam immediately apologised and went to stand near lam. Forth stand up and looks at beam and lam alternatively.

"Do you even know you made sir Forth wait for you? On top of that you even fell on him. You...." Ploy was cut off by Forth's raised hand.

"If there is anything to you have discovered then show it to all. I don't have all day to waste" forth says glaring at beam and lam.

"I am able to spot the error sir. If you give permission I'll show it to all" beam asks curiously. He is getting concious due to Forth's gaze.

Forth nods his head. Beam went and connected the prjecter to his laptop and runs the programme. Soon it stops showing some red lines in it.

"This is where the error is. I wrote a new search programme and found the error with it" says beam.

"We also wrote something similar but we didn't get any" lam says examining the programme thoroughly.

"Because the problem is not in the account but in the address. The address here in this line" beam shows the error "went with wrong code. So it caused the error."

"Wow beam you are a genius. We were all checking the error in the programme but this never came to our mind. Great job beam. I'm really proud of you" lam exclaims happily and hugs beam patting his shoulder.

Ploy was annoyed and her anger was rising as her plan to humiliate beam was failed. On the other hand forth was fisting his hand under the table controlling the building anger in him.

After lam all the managers congratulated beam and looking at his work.

"Now the error is found I hope you will be able to finish the work within the deadline lam" forth asks lam.

"Yes forth. The only obstacle we were facing was this error. Now it's found we will definitely be able to finish within the deadline" lam also turns serious explaining his work.

Forth nods his head, gets up from his seat and leves the room totally ignoring beam. Ploy followed forth with a smile on her face as forth didn't even acknowledged beam.

Beam stood there staring at Forth's retreating back. It's just the second day he is seeing forth but that person is affecting him badly. He was not expecting appreciations from anyone but even if was a nod from forth he would have felt happy. He gave the pendrive containing programme and went to his cabin.

"What was that forth? You have always appreciated the efforts of everyone but today your behaviour was different. First you didn't want him to work on this and now you didn't even acknowledged him. He did a lot of hardwork for that forth." lam questions forth when they were in Forth's office.

"I know lam but I have reasons why I didn't want him to work on that. You know the things happening around him and us. I don't want beam to get involved in anything that may cause him hurt. I was trying to protect him"

Lam sighs. Now he understands why forth was against beam working on this.

"I understand now forth. I'm sorry man I didn't think to that length. But atleast you could have said some good words for him. I think he was expecting those words from you."

"He definitely did a great job lam but if I appreciated him in front of all he would push himself to work more. Let him have some rest man"

Lam agrees with forth. They both went out together. While they were waiting for the elevator Forth's mobile rings.

"Yes mom" forth answers the call

..............

"Mom please you know I love you but I can't baby sit people mom I have companies to run. Bye mom" forth cut the call without letting his mother reply.

Beam who also came and stand beside them waiting for elevator heard everything. He felt forth was talking about him which added more to his sadness. He decides not to be a burdon for forth. If possible he will help him with work and would do the things which he came for.

The elevator ride to the basement was quiet as none of the them were talking anything. Lam was looking at his phone, forth was looking at beam whereas beam was looking at the floor.

As they reached the parking lot beam bid both of them a formal goodbye with a bow. Forth stood there looking at beam who just drove his car without even glancing at him.

"Forth" lam called him and they drove back home with different thoughts.

Lam thinking about the project.
Beam thinking how not to be a burden and make forth feel he is not baby sitting him.
Forth on how to approach beam and explain things in a not so complicated way.

-------×-------×-------×------×-------×-------×-------

A/n: Please do share your opinion in the comment section below.

Thank you.

Happy reading.