Bonus Chapter: Not So Good Anymore

Bonus Chapter 2

Bonus Chapter 2

Seeing her was like a time machine. One glance and I was back in my teen years with my life stretched before me, all the decisions that lay between my present self and my past self were unmapped, anything was possible. How impossible it seemed that all those day to day decisions would take me across these five years to where I'm at.

Devyn pushed my book into my chest, "Dr. Harley could I please have your autograph?"

Though her voice was the same, had I seen her first I would have denied it was her. Seconds pass, my brain taking her in, struggling to comprehend that she isn't a figment of my imagination. My brain can't formulate a thought, at least not one based in any language.

I couldn't will my lips to move. As if stuck underwater, everything was slow and warbled as she smiled. My mind was blank and my eyes wide as I stared at her in horror. Her eyes desperately searched mine... waiting. I had to say something, anything. I searched my mind for something reasonable to say.

"De-Devyn," I mumbled.

Every muscle in my body just froze before a grin crept onto Devyn's face, it soon stretched from one side to the other showing every single tooth.

"Babe," A panicky voice screamed behind me. "... my water just broke."

It's 5 in the morning. It's 5 in the morning. I must be dreaming. Blinking a few times fiercely, I looked behind me at my girlfriend, Isabelle Sanchez before returning my attention to Devyn Foster. Nestling one hand on my hand and the other onto my temple.

Devyn's smirk slowly etched off her face and she pulled the book from my bare chest, stepping backwards, removing the hood from her head, revealing charcoal hair.

"Ryker, the baby." Isabelle exclaimed, letting out panicky breaths.

Her eyes were the shade of acorns, just bright enough to shine in the shadows. "Baby." I whispered, not removing my eyes from Devyn's. Regaining sense of the situation I glanced over my shoulder. "Baby, that baby, the baby's coming!"

Isabelle clutched her abdomen with one hand and leaned on the couch for support. "Where's the keys, Ryker?"

As a computer can be overloaded, so can your brain. My thoughts become so scattered that normal functioning is impossible.

"I don't know." I shouted, glancing around the room, letting my eyes roam the most obvious places. Dashing away from the front door, I begin flipping the couch cushions out and throwing pillows everywhere.