Chapter 16: Shopping & Deals

Before we start I think that song by Tove Lo fits perfectly with this chapter

It's called Cool Girl you all should check it out.

Okay, enjoy lol.

Chapter 16

I was late. Beyond late.

I pushed through the school doors, trying to get all my stuff organized all the while making sure I didn't run into anyone. I spent all of last night thinking of hug with Belle. I just couldn't get her out of my head. And that face she made after she pulled away from the hug.

Some random girls said hi and called me brave I answered back underneath my breath as nicely as I could without snapping. Me with no sleep isn't the best combination and I didn't want to take it out on these people. I'll leave my anger for Jared and Noah.

The bell rang indicating the start of first period and the hallways immediately emptied. Great, now I was extremely late! This would be my first tardy ever. I really needed some rest, stopping at my locker I put in my combination and pulled aggressively on my locker but it doesn't bulge. All of my books, papers and supplies fell from my hand and collapsed onto the tile floor.

Rolling my eyes I kneeled down and started collecting my objects while grumbling to myself. This was all Belle's fault anyway. Making me think of her all night. Why'd she have to go and hug me? Yeah, that's definitely her fault.

"Looks like you could use some help?" As if on cue Devyn appeared leaning against the locker blowing a bubble with her fruity gum. She was wearing a black beanie, white t shirt, grey skinny jeans and some black combat boots.

"No I-I'm alright." I responded sighing and sending her a coy-ish smile.

Devyn shrugged when I looked over at her. "Suit yourself."

She stepped over my items and strutted down the hallway. It took me by surprise that she was alone. Where was Ashton? I assumed Casper got suspended but Ashton? That actually reminds me I have to stay after school to clean the courtyards or something because Mrs. Shay accused me of bullying Jason. A guy who was much bigger than myself. I watched after Devyn as she switched down the corridor.

She never looked back.

*****

"Devyn Foster what's your excuse for being late today?" Mrs. Taylor sighed rubbing her forehead.

Devyn plopped down onto her chair, swung her legs onto the rickety desk and crossed her ankles, "I don't really have one today but I'll give you a good one tomorrow. I promise." She sarcastically smiled, then focused her attention on her fingernails.

I didn't realize how long I was looking at her, studying her as if she was a different species, when suddenly Devyn gazed up from her fingers and in my direction, locking eyes with me. The corner of her mouth rose up into a smirk, making my eyes immediately widen and heat to creep on my neck to my cheeks. Whipping my head around I began to take Mrs. Taylor's notes.