Chapter 24: Motorjacking

Sometimes Ryker will call Aces of Spades 'Aces' just because

Sometimes Ryker will call Aces of Spades 'Aces' just because. So when I say Aces that's what I mean.

Chapter 24

Travis was back.

His sudden reappearance shocked majority of the school. It felt strange seeing him back after everything that's happened between Aces and my friends. I eagerly surveyed Travis the moment he entered the building. His sleek black hair, strong jaw and deep brown eyes. Not to mention the fact that he always walked around in the latest designer clothes.

But there was something about him that could make you uneasy if you looked at him too long. His piercing stare could be dark and cold and his self assured grin, his manner of walking, the way he talked; it all showed clearly that he was no man to be tempted with. That there was something under the surface, something dark and powerful. Something to be afraid of.

He's certainly left his mark in this school, and it's not the best one. The rumors spreading through the hallways, the whispered lies, and nasty remarks those were nothing new. Students here handled Travis's presence in different ways.

Casper whispered something into Travis's ear. Travis adjusted his black shirt and beamed over at me. I swallowed my spit turning around rapidly. Travis has always been by far the scariest member in Aces. Jared stood beside me whispering about Aces.

"You think something terrible happened to him?" Jared whispered leaning his head on the locker adjacent to mine.

"I don't know," I mumbled closing my locker. "I don't think I really want to find out either."

Why was Travis walking with Casper, Ashton and Drake anyways? Wasn't Travis the reason for Liam attacking Devyn?

"How are things with you and Steffy?" Noah pitched in.

"Good. I mean we hung out a lot over the weekend," Jared hinted with a smirk splattered across his face.

"Yet, you tease Ryker for not having sex with his girls and have you, Steffy done the deed?" Noah wondered. Which was a phenomenal question. Jared's always going on about smashing chicks.

Jared froze up, "That's different. Steffy's, well, you know. Like a flower."

I rolled my eyes.

"A flower?" I repeated knitting my eyebrows together and shaking my head. "Anyways, I'll see you guys later. I have to meet up with my teacher."

I dismissed myself from my small group and stuttered towards my classroom. I saw Belle and Jenna, I think that was her name. Yeah, Jenna... braces Jenna. Belle gives me a small wave and shyly, with red cheeks, I reciprocate the gesture.