Chapter 25: Im Going To Teach You How To Drive

Chapter 25

My heart pounded with every stride I took towards the back door of the Aces of Spades clubhouse. I've only been here once before — and that didn't end to well. I ended up with guns pointed directly at me and losing my phone. So you can imagine the gaze on my face as Casper pressed his hand on the door handle and swung it opened. He didn't bother holding the door for Devyn, Ashton snickered.

Devyn swung the door opened by herself unaffected by Casper's attitude towards her. Travis and Ashton entered the clubhouse before me. I breathed out my heart hammering inside of my chest. The last time I was here Skye threatened that if they brought me around again she'd ring our necks. Ashton held the door opened for me as I entered sticking my hands into my pockets, whispering a muffled thank you. Devyn narrowed her eyes over her shoulder almost as if she was making sure I was still behind her. I frowned at her and she ran her shaky hands through her hair once her eyes met mine.

Walking into the club it was much different than last time. The first time I was in here I didn't exactly get a chance to glance around evidently because I was to terrified to do anything. Now I could glance around the clubhouse. It has a bar with women, wearing little to nothing, mixing and laughing with the elderly, bearded men sitting in the fuzzy chairs. There were about three pool tables — all occupied by members of Aces of Spades. There was rock music playing faintly from the stereo, it was barely recognizable seeing as everyone was laughing and chatting among themselves. The clubhouse included black booths in the back corner, along with tables and chairs. The three bodyguards that had pointed their guns at me the first time I arrived weren't in their spot this time.

I noticed that the clubhouse was crowded with people all in the same uniform, styled only slightly different. There was a lot of older men and women, but also a handful of men and women who looked to be in their early twenties. I also saw a women holding her child laughing and exiting through the front of the clubhouse with a man. This main hallway branched off into several rooms; their open archways draped with sheer, silk scarfs, embroidered with rich colors of royalty. Sweet smoke curled through the thin fabric and billowed in dense clouds of sickly scents into the hallway. Tendrils of it swirled up into my lungs as I breathed in deeply and burned invisible holes of foreshadowed diseases.

I saw Casper bumping fist with some of the members, Travis nodding his head, Ashton smirking and Devyn gazing around probably looking for Ace.

"Foster, what's up girl?" A boy, couple years older than us, threw his arm around Devyn's shoulder pulling her into his chest.

"Hey Georgie," She whispered wrapping her arms around his slender frame. "Nothing much... where's Ace?"

Georgie rolled his eyes, "He's having a meeting with Collins and all of them."

"Really why?" Casper wondered stepping into their conversation. Georgie fluttered his dark brown eyes to Casper and released his grip on Devyn.

"I guess the Dark Howlers received a visit from a member from the Russian mafia, who offers to sell guns to them. The sale ultimately fell through." Georgie explained.