Chapter 9: Detention With The Bad Girl

Chapter 9

I smiled down at Devyn as I ran a hand through my disheveled hair. "See ya later, Piglet." I nervously laughed trying to lighten the mood.

Devyn leaned against the door and smirked up at me. "Yeah whatever." Then she brought her hand up and I thought she would touch my face. I locked eyes with her. Why did she have to be so attractive? "Tell anyone, I mean anyone, about that nickname I'll kill you my damn self." She poked my shoulder blade.

My cheeks flamed, "Yeah whatever." I mocked her, trying to copy her smirk but knew I failed. Devyn had her own smirk.

Devyn shook her head at me. Casper honked the horn to her mustang impatiently. She began to walk backwards still with that smirk splattered across her face. "I'll see you later... eye candy." With a wink, she turned around and waltz down the stairs to a panicky Casper. I slammed the door shut letting out an uneasy laugh.

I should probably explain what happened when Devyn and I left school, from when we first arrived at my house and how I ended up calling her Piglet.

Devyn had her arms crossed and a sharp glare directed at me, she'd refused to get on the public bus. She claimed that public transportation – was for the lame kids – and then pointed at me.

With my head low, I spoke, "Devyn... it's honestly n–not th-that bad. And it's coming so you need to de–decide rapidly."

"I already decided," She muttered through hysterics. "You're dr–driving my ride."

And crash it again. No thanks!

"Well Joe and Henry are headed in our direction—" I blurted feeling extremely regretful. Joe and Henry were the security guards, they guarded the gates making sure kids didn't ditch. And they were coming straight for us. "Devyn, come on." I whined tugging on her soft leather jacket.

"Aww is someone scared of the security guards?" Devyn moaned reaching out and grabbing my cheeks pinching them slightly. I smacked her hands away, stiffening up like a stone.

"I–I just think we need to uh," Joe and Henry were running now and the bus was slowly creeping down the street. "Devyn... you have to promise me you'll get on this bus because if not we'll be in big trouble."

"You kids! Hey!" One of the guards shouted.

If I wasn't nervous before I definitely was now. Extremely. I mean, never in my life have I had to deal with a situation much like this one.

The bus stopped directly in front of us. Devyn smirked gazing over her shoulder. The idea of the guards capturing us gave her an adrenaline rush. Or maybe it was because she was high? Does being high as a kite, make you want to do incredibly stupid things, like get caught ditching school?

My heart began thumping inside of my chest as I noticed how close security was to the bus stop.

"Ryker? You kiddos coming..." The bus driver, Benny, he was my usual after school driver. I nodded grabbing hold of Devyn's hand. It felt weird clutching her hand dragging her onto the public transportation. Benny shut the doors, the moment I stepped up the stairs with the bad girl, I slid my bus pass.