Chapter 38: Noah's Show

Chapter 38

"Come to the show tonight only three dollars to get in," Noah screeched handing out flyers to each and everyone that walked passed him. "It'll be a night you'll remember." 

He sighed after he watched a few people toss his flyer onto the ground or in the trash bin. "It's okay Noah... I'm sure you guys will raise enough money to expand the band room."

"At this rate I'm not entirely sure." He bewildered sadly.

"Anything can happen." I reassured my friend squeezing his shoulder. "On the bright side I noticed that you got new glasses."

He adjusted his glasses and smirked, "Yeah. What do you think of them? Pretty stylish, huh?" He nudged my elbow with his arm.

"Whatever floats your boat buddy."

Jared then dashed up towards us. "After the show tonight you guys wanna come over to play some Call of Duty?"

"Sounds good to me we haven't hung out with just the three of us in quite some time." Noah added shrugging. I mimicked Noah's reaction and shrugged as well.

"Great." Jared choked excitement ricocheting from his deep vocals.

***

Listening to the arithmetic beat of the bass feels me with warmth. It floods through my blood, almost changing the best of my heart matching with it's own. The music and I have our own language, we speak to each other without words. The headphones splits me apart from the normality of the world.

Mrs. Taylor confessed that we were in fact able to listen to our music while working silently on the assignment that was appointed to us just previously. Music makes you feel good. Like really, really good.

You know those chills you get when you hear a good song? There's a reason for them. Music has the ability to release dopamine, also known as the feel-good chemical that is directly involved with motivation and emotions. The brain also responds to music the same way it responds to something you eat. If you are as music-crazed as I am, you probably agree with me that there is nothing better than getting totally lost in your song.

However, if I did have to make an exception to listening to music during my daily activities, food would be a pretty close opponent.

A Kpop song fulfilled my ears it was one I was familiar with. By one of the most famous boy groups – Behind The Scenes – their original name was Bangtan Boys before they decided to recently change it.