Chapter 17: Howdy Partner

Chapter 17

Mrs. Shay never even realized Devyn and I deserted school two days ago. She said our cleaning up skills were 'fantastic' and that we didn't have to sanitary the pipes and show up to in school suspension, luckily. Every since Devyn brought winning over Belle to me - the thought never abandoned my mind. One because I'd be spending time with Devyn freaking Foster, more often. And two I have no idea what Belle thought of me. Did she like me? Was I just a friend to her?

"What do you think they're talking about?" Jared wondered propping one foot on the locker and crossing his arms.

"I don't know Jay," I muttered standing directly in front of Jared and narrowing my eyes over my left shoulder. "Guess we shall wait and see?"

"Yeah right," Jared huffed. "Noah never tells us what Ashton talks to him about."

He did have a point.

Noah was currently conversing with Ashton. It was kind of odd seeing those two actually speak. Sure, Noah's been saying Ashton was his, not to throw the word around loosely, but friend. We didn't believe him up until now. I guess Trenton and Nick were bullying Noah in PhysEd again and Ashton defended him, and has been since Monday. I'm not sure what possessed Ashton to stand up for my buddy — but I'm not complaining.

I watched as Ashton nodded and slammed his hand on Noah's shoulder before stalking away. Noah happily turned to face Jared and I and rapidly bolted over towards us.

"Wish me luck guys." Noah muttered cooling himself down with his sweaty palms.

"Break a leg." Jared cheered.

"You'll do great," I reminded him smiling. "Like you always do, bro."

"Thanks guys... I'll see you both out there right?" Noah wondered.

"Course it's your first performance we wouldn't miss it for the world," Jared lightly emphasized. "First, what are you and Sanders up to anyways?"

Noah cheekily smiles. "Oh. Nothing. Ta-ta." He ran off before we could interrogate him further.

I sighed. There was a point in time when Noah, Jared and I would tell each other everything. We never had any secrets within our small group. If Jared really, truly, liked Steffy like we obviously knew he did — he would have told us. But for some odd reason he's keeping it on the down low. Just like how Noah's keeping his relationship with Ashton restrained. And how I'm straining myself not to tell them about the 'deal' Devyn brought to my attention.

Speaking of which, I'm currently wearing the clothes Devyn bought me willingly. Yesterday when Jared and Noah saw my outfit they thought I was turning into a member of the AOS gang. I could understand why especially since I was wearing a long white shirt, some black, ripped skinny jeans cuffed over those stylish black boots Devyn bought. Today's outfit choice also took them by surprise since I sported a long, dark grey sweater accompanying sunglasses tucked into the sweater with denim jeans, also cuffed, over my brown loafers.