Chapter 8: Devyn or Noah?

Chapter 8

Avoid Devyn Foster at all cost.

This was my primary goal for the entire day, month, year. After that stunt she pulled back in her bedroom it was no surprise that I'd embarrassed myself. She probably told Casper, Ashton and Travis about my misfortune. I don't even know how to face her and I sure hope she didn't come to school today.

"Hey Ryker!" Belle Sanchez exclaimed jogging beside me the moment I stepped out of Noah's rusty, truck.

"Uh... h-hi Be-belle." I stuttered shutting the door of Noah's vehicle, fluttering my eyes over to Noah who sported a smirk.

"I was just wondering if you are signing up for Mathletes this year?" Belle wondered revealing her pearly whites.

Turning my head to the right I almost choke on my own stupid saliva when I spot Belle. Those big, hazel eyes stare up and over at me as we walk towards the school building. She's wearing a simple floral dress, but I keep my eyes locked with hers as my cheeks heat up.

I swallowed hard, cleared my throat and clutched my backpack strap, "I be–believe so."

"Great, me too." Belle yelped before slipping away. She was just so adorable. I smiled after feeling tingly from hearing the excitement in her voice.

Before reconnecting with Noah I almost immediately say, "Shutup."

Noah laughed clutching his textbook.

"Oh, Ryker. Are you joining Mathletes this year? Because I'm joining it and I want to see more of you." Noah cheered in a high–pitched, somewhat girly voice. He bats his eyelashes in a flirtatious manner, underneath his glasses and twirls in a circle.

"Noa–"

BAM!

Noah's frame smacked right into, none other than, the jock himself. Trenton Rascal. Trenton aggressively pushed Noah backwards causing Noah to fall on the ground. His not so tightened lenses goes flying off of his face. and the History textbook was thrown into the air, then landed on the ground with a thud. I glanced between Noah and Trenton with wide eyes. Who would speak first?

"What did I tell you about being in my way, Nolan?" Trenton taunted. Brodie squatted down and picked up Noah's glasses and tearing one arm off of the frame and tossing it into a frightened Noah's chest along with his taped lenses.

"Hey...ba-back off, jerks!" I shouted building up enough courage to stand up to the jocks of Oakwood. It felt nice stepping in for Noah's safety. "And it's No-Noah."

Brodie and Trenton averted their orbs over towards me with a sly smirk written across their face. I was for sure I was going to die. I was just waiting for the impact of Brodie to grip my black tee and lift me off the ground, while Trenton pounds my face in for sticking up for my buddy.