Chapter 30: Good Job Noah

Chapter 30

Walking into the school the next morning I feel gratified.

Not only did I win the Mathletes round against Keaton High, the team that defeated us last year but I got my boys back.

Narrowing my eyes over my right shoulder I see Jared walking beside me and to my left Noah. This is how it should be. Everything feels just right, how it is suppose to be. All last week I didn't realize just how much I missed them until they were gone. Jared wrapped his brown arm around my shoulder and pulled me into his side. His curls brushed against my tousled brown tresses and we smiled.

My mind then floats towards Peyton and I couldn't help but wonder if she was alright. Ashton and Devyn never said anything about Peyton the other day at the Mathletes event. I guess I really shouldn't be focusing on Peyton right now anyway when I have more important things to worry about. Like my feelings for Devyn and Belle, the fact that Devyn and I aren't finished with our project and it's due in four days also that History test I have coming up.        

"I'll see you guys later have fun in class kids," Jared teased earning himself chuckles from Noah and I. I slapped Jared's shoulder playfully and proceeded down the hallway towards English class.

The moment I was entering my classroom my collared-polo shirt was gripped and I was yanked towards the side of the hall. Who the heck? I jumped back the moment I came face to face with a blonde-haired, bad boy with tattoos covering his entire left arm. Casper.

"Casper?" I questioned crossing my arms across my chest. I half-chuckled, bitterly. "Is everything-"

"Yeah everything's fine that's not why I pulled you to the side." Casper responded clearing his throat.

"Then what is it?" I asked.

"If you shut-up I'll tell you," He snapped. I swallowed my spit and nodded. "I just wanted to um, this is hard, like-"

Casper looked uncomfortable as if he just stepped out of his comfort zone. He glanced at the ceiling the moment the bell rang.

"A-Apologize for my behavior, um, the other day." Casper furrowed his eyebrows perhaps wondering why he was apologizing.

I smiled faintly, "It's alright."

"No it's not you were just trying to help," Casper admitted. "So I-I um, what's the word I'm looking for?"

"Uh conscience-stricken?" I asked.

"What?"

"It's another word for sorry," I whispered awkwardly fidgeting with my elongated fingers.

"Yeah that. I'm sorry." He mumbled after a long pause.

Casper Drake just apologized to me for almost kicking my behind. He's never apologized to Jason for beating his face in or to the countless amount of people he's caused pain upon or to Peyton, for treating her so miserably.