Chapter 2: It Was You

Chapter 2

"So, um," I swallow my spit sitting back in her leather seats. Which were much more comfortable than Noah's rusty, hard, peeling ones. "Wh-where do-do you live?" I wonder staring over at Devyn for a split second and that perfect face and my heart is instantly pulverized into a mushy smoothie. Her eyes were a delicate cinnamon with a deep brown rim around the iris. But then I cleared my throat and suddenly took interest in my plain, light pink dress shirt.

Oh, would you look at that, an invisible stain looks to have found itself there at the perfect time.

"I'm hoping with you," Devyn slurs smirking. I swallow my spit again, this time hard. I could feel the heat growing in my cheeks.

With a hot blush, I decide to change the subject before I embarrass myself further.

"I don't th-think I ca-can d-d0 this." I honestly tell her stuttering in between words. How could I not? One she was a girl. And not just some girl. Devyn Foster, she's dangerous and surrounds herself with dangerous beings. One of which threatened my life, if I didn't get her home safely.

"Just put the keys in the ignition." She says pointing to the spot where the keys are inserted. I let out a sigh. This was really happening. "Or I mean you could always put your key in my ignition." I widened my eyes staring ahead. She did not just say that. I stiffen up like a stone, breathing hitched and I suddenly felt hot all over.

Stop blushing Ryker!

This is the first time I've been this close to Devyn Foster.

"I don't have my license is that a pro-problem?" I remark changing the subject while staring over at the mesmerizing, tipsy girl who's the owner of this vehicle that sneered at speed limits. She only laughs. It was the first time I'd ever seen Devyn laugh, actually. "Guess not."

I pull Noah's cap off and tossed it into the back before placing the keys in the ignition as the engine roared. It's not like I haven't driven a car before. My dad has tried to teach me two or three times. That was about it. All I could think about was the fact that I must get her home safely and in one piece. If not... I honestly don't even want to think about what would happen if I didn't. I clear my throat clutching onto the steering wheel with dear life. Devyn shakes her head and laughs pulling her hand up and putting the car in drive.

"I live on bitch street — bridge! Bridge Street." Devyn laughs at her words. I let out another breath of air shutting my eyes. I knew where that was. Jared lived around that area. It was just a matter of getting her there safely. Dad always told me not to focus on the music, or the passengers just to focus on the roads. For once; I would take his advice.

Here goes nothing.

I step on a pedal.

My body jerked to the dashboard, my forehead colliding with the window. My back then slams against the driver's seat and I winch. Devyn also flies forward but she laughs it off. That really hurt.