Chapter 1: The Keys

Chapter 1

"Right there man," I exclaimed pointing to the perfect parking spot directly in front of the school. It was difficult getting parking spots here at Oakwood High, all the popular kids here had spots 'reserved'. Well, not really reserved it didn't say their names or anything but everyone who drove a vehicle knew not to park in certain spots. "Go Noah."

"Adjust your bust before it combusts," Noah says calmly, his way of telling me to calm down. I roll my eyes.

Noah turns on his blinker (protocol for claiming the spot), and we wait for the girls to get settled in their car and finally pull out of the spot. In the meantime, I see from a distance, another car from the opposite side, slow their speed and conveniently pause a few feet from the very spot we have been staking out. A competitive rush of adrenaline takes over me for a split second. But I give them the benefit of the doubt, thinking that they are just letting the car out. Suddenly, when the car we've been waiting for exits, the suspicious ford mustang, along with two motorcycles SWOOPS in on our spot!

What! How dare they?! What have we done to deserve this incredulous behavior?

"Whattha – screw you man! That was so my spot." Noah exclaims hitting the steering wheel. His thick, rimmed glasses slid down the bridge of his face as he shouted.

Smoke escapes the car once the parking spot bandit steps out of the muscle car. It was a girl. A girl. Devyn Foster. She wipes her palms on her pants leg, her chocolate locks flutters in the wind, underneath her black bandanna. Devyn breathes out causing smoke to abandon her mouth. Gross. She nods at something Ashton Sanders says as he puts his motorcycle in gear beside her muscle car. On the passenger side of her muscle car out steps Travis Reavis, in all his glory. He too has dark locks that falls into his dark eyes. Travis leans down and pulls the seat upward, letting someone out of the muscle car. It was a girl I'd never seen before. Her blonde locks stood out among the biker gang, she quickly scurries off. Casper Drake, the last member of the Aces of Spades gang, pulls his helmet off of his head and he laughs at something Ashton had said. He ran his hand through his blonde hair and stepped off his motorcycle, walking towards where Travis, Devyn and Ashton were. Devyn and Travis leans against the muscle car, Ashton has one foot propped up on his bike and Casper had his back facing us, but once he narrowed his eyes over his shoulders followed by Devyn, Travis and Ashton's eyes, it took me by surprise.

They were all staring over at Noah and I.

A lot of people have this sense of fear and anxiety when Aces of Spades are in the same room as them. It's like they see them around the corner and avoidance of eye contact begins. It's clear to see friends passing each other looks. This is pretty understandable.

Ashton crosses his arms across his chest, "Problem?" He mouths.

Noah blinks fiercely, and I open my mouth slightly. "Get the fuck outta here you dorks." Travis shouts swatting his hand away.