Chapter 36: I Think Not

Chapter 36

It's been a few days since Aces robbed the jewelry store with me in the car and every since then I've been slightly on edge. I avoided even hoping into the car with any of the members of AOS, I figured that'll be the best move on my part. After Casper had placed the jewelry on the table, Clay instantly vowed to reveal all information. I don't know if he actually did because Devyn told me that she had to take me home before I witness anything else. Which by the way I agreed with.

"Good morning Ryker," My mom said planting a kiss on my forehead. "I whipped up some breakfast for my favorite son."

"Mom I'm your only son." I said chuckling slightly.
"I appreciate it but what's the special occasion?" I questioned pulling out a chair to feast in my breakfast.

"Well I've been promoted at the office—" She continued tucking her strands of hair behind her ears. "... which is very exciting."

"Yeah that's incredible Mom." I admitted truthfully because everyone knew my mother worked extremely hard for her position as general manager but now that she's being encouraged to further her career as a manger really shows that hard work pays off.

"I thought the same thing. I told James and he feels the exact same way." She added whispering Trenton's fathers name underneath her breath. I decide on not responding to that nonsense.

The moment I slide into my chair I'm served an enormous platter of food. Eggs, ham, piles of fried potatoes. A tureen of fruit sits in ice to keep it chilled. There's even a glass of orange juice, in my mom's special dinner glasses. I was remotely shocked she'd even let me drink out of it. Deciding to grab the glass before my mom changes her mind, I take daring sips of the juice the moment my stomach growls I begin digging into my food.

****

"Remember when we went to play basketball?" Casper asked me draping his hand on my shoulder and aggressively squeezing my shoulder the moment I exited Noah's truck, which seriously needed some tender, love and care. I nodded winching vaguely. "Well, we wanted you to help us with something that day but we all clearly got very distracted."

Swallowing my spit I stare over to my right at Ashton then slowly turning my head to face Casper. "Y-yes I remember."

"Okay dork mcstuffins unfortunately Foster and I share the same birthday," Ashton added rolling his icy blue eyes. "... and I'll be turning nineteen and she'll be turning eighteen. I could careless about her or my birthday but Ghost here–"

"Don't call me that bitch." Casper spat.

"Ghost," He taunts smirking evilly. "He believes that we should throw a house party but my place is entirely too compact. Casper's parents almost never leave the house so our destination was going to be Reavis's house but shit fucking happens."