Chapter 26: Opening Up

Chapter 26

Devyn Foster

I entered my house after being gone for five days.

"Devyn," Jaxon breathed out standing up from the couch and walking up to me slowly. His voice was shaky and uneven. He even had dark bags underneath his eyes and his usual slicked back hair was a disheveled mess on the top of his head. "It's really you, mija. Lo siento, lo siento." He repeated and pulled me closer to him wrapping his arms around me.

His embrace was warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around my frail body. My arms stayed limp by my sides for a moment. The world around me melted away as I finally squeezed him back, not wanting the moment to end.

"I'm sorry Jaxon I didn't mean a word I said," I apologized pulling away from the hug. Jaxon smiled and kissed my forehead gently.

"I'm just happy you're home." Jaxon smiled and stepped backwards.

I nodded.

"I'm going to go shower." I softly admitted. Jaxon nodded letting me swivel around him and towards the stairs. I narrowed my eyes over at my brother and smiled coyly. He returned it and I dashed up the stairs.

I slid my bracelets on my arms, after my long shower. It feels nice to be back home but I had gotten a call from Casper about squashing our beef. Of course, I was all for mending our relationship. I mean, Casper has always been my savior. Whenever I'm in trouble or arguing with Jaxon, he comes in like a knight in shining armor and rescues me on his motorcycle.  Not to mention I love the thrill of riding a motorcycle and the wind blowing threw my hair, the adrenaline pumping through my veins.

That's why I hated fighting with Casper. We were always there for one another. He was there when Ashton and I's relationship crumbled to pieces. I was there when his parents kicked him to the curb only to later invite him back home. We could never stay mad at each other for more than four days. So I was more than happy when he decided to call me. I jogged down the stairs, reaching for my keys.

"You leaving already?" Jaxon asked.

"Yeah. I have something to take care of," I truthfully admitted. I gave up on lying to Jaxon and Aria. What's the point anyways? "... but don't you worry, I'll be back before you know it."

"I don't think that's a— never mind, just be careful." Jaxon whispered.

I promised him and exited the house. Jaxon was always against what I did. Even if he did say no I would go anyways. The club meant more to me than anything in this world. I just wish he understood where I was coming from. He of all people should understand why Aces of Spades meant so much to me. After my parents death, they were all I had.