Chapter 32: Stealing From Harley Co

Chapter 32

"Hey Dad," I mumbled throwing my arms around my father, who happily squeezed me back. I missed him so much I feel like I haven't spoken to him in weeks when in reality its only been two days.

"Ry, my boy, I missed you." He responded releasing me from the tight embrace he'd manage to put me in. "I have a lot in store for us this weekend. Tomorrow we are having a cook-out and bunch of my friends and their kids are coming over."

"Really? Does that mean Bryson and Kevin are coming over?" I asked half-annoyed. Most of my dad friends were decent human beings. All they really did was sit around drink beer, workout, watch sports and talk about cars. None of those held my appeal so I would always scurry off to my room. But Bryson was the one guy who always bragged about his kid.

"Yes Bryson and Kev are coming." My dad assured me guiding me into the house.

"What are we doing today?" I questioned shutting the door behind me and pulling my backpack off of my back and onto the couch.

"Anything you want son."

"Can we watch some of the sci-fi movies I brought over?" I asked happily.

"If that's what you want to watch then sure," He added. I smiled.

"Sweet." I reached over the couch and unzipped my backpack. I collected my movies and turned to face him flipping through them. "Do you want to watch Inception, Star Wars, Wall-E, Minority re-"

"Did you just say Wall-E?"

"Yes?"

"Ry why do you have that movie? Where is the boxing movies, the action, comedy movies?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I"m not really into those type of movies. Comedy is okay I guess."

"Well, as long as you like them that's all that matters – put one in and I'll get the popcorn ready." Dad remarked turning on his heel and sauntering towards the kitchen.

****

"You're doing it Ry." My dad called out the moment I stepped onto the gas of one of his cars at his shop. I clutched the steering wheel feeling my heart pounding inside of my chest as I shot out of the mechanic shop and down the dirt road.

"I'm doing it Dad." I screamed focusing my eyes on the road. I sat upright and smiled over at my dad.

"Eyes on the road, kid!" He shrieked pointing to the front window. I chuckled and returned my attention to the road. Dad turned the radio down a notch to help me concentrate.

The wind was blowing through my hair as I continued going to speed limit.

"You're better than the last time I taught you," He said. "And that was months, months ago."