Chapter 20: Table For Three

Chapter 20

It was five minutes before my big date with Belle. It was utterly nerve-wracking. I feel confused yet very ecstatic. Ecstatic because this was my first date ever and with a girl I really liked. Confused because I was afraid of messing it up. I guess I was just, really, really nervous. Also because yesterday's images were still flowing around my head. Haunting me dearly.

Devyn kissed me. She actually kissed me.

Now it is extremely awkward for me even though I'm not showing it as much. I'm glad she hasn't brought it up, yet. I mean, it's still pretty hard to forget about it. Luckily Jaxon knocked at the exact moment — I rather not think of what could have happened if he didn't knock. He was pretty aghast to see me standing in his sisters bedroom. He ushered for me to go home but me being too flustered to respond, Devyn told him I didn't know how to drive. Devyn, in all likelihood, was ostensibly in trouble. So Aria drove me home.

The moment I went home I called Jared and blabbered away. He was asking non-stop questions, including how I honestly felt about the whole thing. I would have told Noah but he'd probably just say 'no way, that's hot' or something. Unlike Jared, who gave legitimate advice.

God, she just stole my first kiss. I mean yeah — sure she was helping me and all but God, why did that have to happen? Was I overreacting? Will things get messier from here? Should I just, oh I don't know, be glad that Devyn actually kissed me. After all she was helping me and besides I got it over with. I really wanted to know if I sucked at kissing, yes, it was a peck but still. Is the kiss obliterating her thoughts as well?

Now was not the time to be thinking about Devyn and those beautiful, soft- Ryker, no! You're going on a date with Belle. Remember her? The girl you've been obsessed with for as long as you can remember. Yeah, her!

The bell chimed through the house and I jumped somewhat. That startled me. Must be Devyn. . . a couple of days ago Dev and I came up with this plan. That she'd be our designated driver, since I couldn't drive and she'll sit at a booth beside me, in case I needed any help. Which knowing me I was going to need all the help I could get.

I cleared my throat and sniffed walking to the door. Act natural.

Yanking the door opened I came face to face with Devyn, "Ready for your date, eye candy?"

Devyn didn't look like her normal self. She was wearing a dark hoodie, sweatpants and some converse shoes. Her hair was tucked underneath the hoodie and she just looked all around contrasting. She sauntered around me and walked into my house without being welcomed in. Typical. Fortuitously, mom wasn't home. She mentioned something relatively about staying after work until nine. That was fine by me — I'll probably be back by then, right?

No, I'm not sneaking out. My mom said it was a..okay for me to go hang out with some friends.

"I-uh, yeah?" I stuttered coughing loudly. Her eyes immediately looked up. At this point I'm blushing, just remembering our little kiss.