Sowmiya's Marriage

Hey... Ramya, get up... You lazy girl...how long will you sleep?? get up soon " Sowmya tried to awake her sister by shaking her shoulders.

" Hey.... Sowmi... I'm so tired... I feel sleepy. Please let me sleep. Don't disturb me " said Ramya and closed her face with the blanket.

" You idiot already it's morning 7'0 clock, my marriage will be in next one hour. I was trying to awake you for so long but still you are sleeping like anything. Don't you want to see my wedding?? " Asked Sowmya angrily.

Ramya realised how special today is, she eventually jumped up from her bed, rolling her blanket and looked at her elder sister, who was standing like a tigress.

" Wow...who is this pretty girl?? You look so pretty today, where did you hide this beauty till now, my dear sister??" asked Ramya pinching her sister's cheek's and complimenting her sister.

" I know what are you trying now?? Don't try to fool me with your praises, Look at the time now?? Already Appa was searching for you. Go and get ready soon " said Sowmya strictly to her younger sister.

"Ok... Ok... Sister cool. I will be ready in half hour, don't look at me like this. You only told me to wear saree for your wedding right?? I'm uncomfortable and of course I don't know to wear it. So it will take sometime for me " said Ramya naughtily.

" You no need to wear it, see we have beautician here she will get you ready. So better you take bathe and come fast " said Sowmya strictly.

Without a choice Ramya surrender to her sister and rushed to the washroom to finish her morning chores. Exactly after thirty minutes she came out wearing some casual dress. Sowmya showed her the time and threw an angry gaze at her, Ramya pleaded with her eyes. Meantime Sowmya was ready with her pre wedding saree and make up. Ramya complemented her beauty and the sisters shared some happy moments.

So, now the beautician asked Ramya to wear her blouse and skirt to wrap saree. She too obliged, within five minutes she wrapped saree to Ramya and started to do her makeover. Ramya weared golden colour saree with red designer blouse, she looked stunningly beautiful. Her face glowed without any make up.

Sowmya was surprised as well as happy to see her little sister turning into a pretty woman all of a sudden. She had happy tears in her eyes, she looked at her lovingly and caressed her head. Ramya saw her sister, she too got emotional thinking about her sister's departure after her marriage. Sowmya asked her sister to be responsible and to take care of their father after she leaves, both got emotional.

Someone from grooms family comes there and asked Sowmya to come immediately for some pre wedding rituals also to collect her wedding saree. Sowmya was very nervous now, but Ramya encouraged her talking about her future husband Akash and ask her to leave with them.

She teased her that he might be waiting for her, if she delayed then he will come here directly to abduct her. Sowmya blushed in his thoughts and was ready to leave with them, she asked Ramya too finish her make up and come soon. But the elders said it's a rituals of five to ten minutes, so she will come immediately after getting her wedding saree, the main rituals she will be doing with her muhurtha saree. So Sowmya left with them to the wedding Mandap.

Ramya was on cloud nine thinking about her sister's happiness, she knew well how much her sister likes Akash. Eventhough it is an arranged marriage her sister started to love him dearly. She can't think of anything else other than Akash, he became her world.

Within fifteen minutes the beautician finished her make up and tied her hair as a neat long plaits. She fixed jasmine flowers on her hair and made her wear matching ornaments to her saree. When finally she looked in the mirror she can't believe herself. She looked extremely beautiful in that costume, that beautician lady complemented her beauty. Ramya felt shy and conveyed her gratitude, she started to take pics in her mobile to post later.

Time passes Ramya was wondering why Sowmya didn't return yet. She checked her mobile, it was almost half an hour over after Sowmiya left. She felt something bad rushed to the wedding Mandap. It was not so far from her room, they decorated the vacant land near their house and arranged it for the twin wedding.

Ramya reached that place within few minutes, she was so shocked to see everyone were standing with the worried face. She felt something twitched in her stomach, she moved further and went inside to check her father and sister. She looked here and there and finally she found her sister standing near the wedding altar with a pool of tears. Immediately she ran to her and asked,
" What happened, why are you crying??"

Without a reply Sowmi hugged her and cried unstoppingly, she was worried what happened to her and searched for her father, he was also not there. By that someone from the crowd said , " Ramya, your sister marriage was stopped". She was shocked to hear that her head started to spin, how is it possible?? Sowmi cried louder.

"Sowmi... tell me What happened "asked Ramya.

Her relatives came forward and said,
" Their elder son marriage was stopped, so they said that they can't do another son's marriage now".

Ramya was so angry to hear about that elder son, she gritted her teeth in anger.
She thought herself, " I knew that guy would be a troublemaker in my sister's life. I don't know, why but I don't like him from the beginning. What a person he is ?? Because of him his own brother wedding at stake".

She asked her relatives angrily ,
" Why did he stop his marriage??".

" He didn't stop the marriage, that bride ran away. She don't like this marriage and that groom so she had written a letter and ran away from here" said her relatives. Ramya was shocked to hear that, she expressed it to them. She didn't expect this.

" Ramya... According to their customs, without getting their elder son married, they can't make your sister marry to their younger son. So now your Appa went to talk with them, he is trying to convince them for her marriage" said her relatives.

Ramya was terribly shocked she thought he did something, but what is this ??
That bride ran away, now what will we do ?? how will her sister get marry to Akash Mama. She knew well her sister will be broken if this marriage didn't happen. She don't know what to do, helplessly she cried for sometime along with her sister. Later she consoled her sister and assured her that this marriage will happen, our Appa will definitely convince them. She made Sowmiya sit on the chair and went in search of her father.

Someone told her father went inside the house to talk with the family members, she went there immediately and found her father. Her heart pricked seeing his dear father standing shattered with a pool of tears infront of all, unknowingly she started to cry seeing him in such pathetic condition.

" Janaki....Look at her, we can make this girl as our Abhi' s bride " said an old woman from the groom's family.

Immediately everyone turned and looked at her surprisingly. She too heard what that old woman said, she was so embarrassed and don't know how to react, she looked at her father confusedly.

To Be continued....

***********************************

Hey Guys!!!

I'm sure the story will be quite interesting now. Kindly share your opinions about this story.

I hope you all like this new chapter and will continue your support. If you are impressed with my story, never mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further. I believe you will keep supporting me.

Thank you
Meenakshi Jothi