First Gift

Evening time Ramya was restlessly wandering here and there in the balcony. She was feared to spend a night with him alone in that room. She didn't want to have any relationship with him or his family but she had to keep quiet just for her sister's sake.

What will I do if he tries to take his husband rights?? I can't tolerate it, if I shout at him then it would make Sowmiya's life in problem. How to handle it??

"Ramya.... yesterday you were escaped, Just because you fainted. But today?? What are you going to do ?? How will you stop him??" She asked herself.

" What if I faint again like yesterday?? Definitely he will not force me, if I'm unwell" she was in thoughts.

"No..No.. then Sowmya and Appa will be worried about my health" She was in deep thoughts... After a while she got an idea,
"It's really a good idea, better I will pretend to be unwell and will sleep before he comes. I think he is not that bad to wake up me from sleep" she said herself and lie down on the bed.

While after Abhi came to bedroom and surprised to see Ramya sleeping so early. He was worried, he went near her then bend towards her and touched her forehead. Once he kept her hand on her head she felt chill in her spine, immediately she jerked from bed and looked at him with a wide eyes. He too was surprised, they both were so close to eachother. He looked at her eyes and so her, she felt something twitched in her stomach, she couldn't handle that moment anymore she looked away and slowly moved little far from him. He chuckled and sat next to her with a decent distance between them.

"Ramya I thought you were unwell, so I was just checking you. I hope I didn't disturb your sleep " said Abhi.
Ramya didn't utter a word, she cursed herself for spoiling her own plan. Now she was worried how to stop him if he try to take an advantage. Unknowingly she started to sweat out of fear, he noticed her sudden change and took her hand between his palms.

He said, " Easy... easy relax. Why do you look so tensed suddenly ?? You look scared".
She thought to remove her hand from his hand but she couldn't do it, something in her stopped her. He gave her water to drink and asked her come with him to the balcony, she resisted but he insisted her to come along with him.

*****************************************

Abhi and Ramya was sitting on a stone bench in the balcony, she felt relax and peaceful after coming out from their room. Abhi didn't speak a word, simply he was sitting and watching her acts. He felt content seeing her happy face, after that he gave an excuse and went inside.

"Ramya this is for you" Abhi returned back from their room and gave her a gift box. Ramya was surprised she was hesitant to take his gift, she asked him " What is this??"

" You can open and see it by yourself" said Abhi with a smile. Ramya hesitatingly picked his gift and unwrapped it. It was a beautiful silk saree with heavy works, Ramya was surprised to see her favourite colour saree. But she was not ready to accept it, she felt if she take this gift then she has to accept him too. More than that she thought he bought this gift for his runaway bride, so she didn't want to take it.

" I don't need it. Please take it with you " said Ramya bluntly.
Abhi was beyond the shock as well as hurt, he can't believe she rejected his very first gift after their marriage.

" Why ?? Ramya don't like this design?? Or colour?? If you want to change we will go to the shop again and will exchange it "asked Abhi.

"Nothing like that, it looks really pretty I like the design as well as colour. But I can't take it " said Ramya.

Abhi was confused and asked, " If you like it, why can't you accept it ?? I don't get it".

Ramya was irritated and said, " Because you didn't buy this for me, you bought it for someone else ".