Instant Bride

"Janaki, we can get marry both the girls in our family. Anyway her elder sister will be our future daughter in law, so It would be better I feel. What do you say ?? " Asked that old woman looking at Janaki. After listening to that old woman talks some of their family members obliged to her idea and asked Sundaram about his decision. Ramya and her father Sundaram was shocked at this sudden proposal, Sundaram can't say anything because she was Janaki's mother in law, the most elder person of that family.

Janaki looked at Ramya hesitatingly, she likes Ramya but she was worried whether she will be suitable for Abhi. She knew this is not easy like others say, it's about her son's life already he was hurt she can't hurt him more. He need a wife who will erase his pain and be his happiness.

Moreover it's about the future of two people, she knew about her son well definitely he will not accept this sudden marriage so she wants to convince him. But before that she needs Ramya's family approval for this marriage. She slowly walked and went near Ramya, who was holding her father's hand and standing with a fear.

Janaki caressed her head and asked Sundaram to listen to her once. Sundaram obliged, Ramya stared at her without a word.

"Abhi is not only my son, he is my life. I can't do injustice with him, I can't ignore his pain. If I get Akash married now ,then his marriage will never happen. Already his marriage was stopped twice, he was very hurt with this all incidents. He has nothing to do with the bride eloped, because he didn't choose her infact he didn't see her,she was my selection " said Janaki bitterly.

Sundaram tried to speak something but Janaki interrupted him mid way and said,
" Anna (Brother), let me complete then you can tell your decision. In our family we never get married younger one's before the elder one's, eventhough I agree to that I'm sure my mother in law would never accept that. I know it's not appropriate to ask but I don't have choice " said Janaki and took a long breathe.

"Anna.... Can you give your younger daughter Ramya's hand in marriage to my elder son Abhi ?? " Asked Janaki with a folded handed along with tears. Father and daughter was stunned, they don't know how to tackle this situation. Someone from the groom's family asked Sundaram to decide soon.

" You all know Ramya is very young she is not ready for marriage, moreover she is still studying her final year MBA, she wants to work after her studies. How can I crush her dreams?? How will I force my daughter to sacrifice her dreams for another daughter's happiness ??" Asked Sundaram.

" Anna... if this is your only problem, please don't worry, she can continue her studies even after marriage, she can work in our office after her studies get completed, or if she wish she can help Abhi in his business. I'm sure my son will treat her well, he will keep her happy. He is good hearted, kind and supportive, definitely he will take care of his wife and respect her dreams. You know him well, you have seen him few times so I don't want to say more about him. Now everything is in your hand decide and tell us" said Janaki calmly. Ramya was worried thinking about her father's decision because she don't want to get married right now.

Sundaram thought for a second and looked at his daughter Ramya. Then he said " I will ask my daughter once, it's about her life so she will decide first and then I will tell my decision ". Janaki agreed and asked them both to speak alone.

*****************************************

" Ramya... You are not a small girl. You understand what is happening here. I can't decide between my both the daughters. Now you are able to decide your life on your own. I want you to think well before you take any decision. I'm not going to force you, but our family happiness is depending on your decision. If you don't want this marriage, we will return home with your sister " said Sundaram while broken into tears.

Ramya was unable to see her father in pain, she hugged him and asked him to not to cry. She said that she can't see him like this. She was also broken in tears thinking about her sister, she knew Sowmya can't take it, she will be devastated if her marriage was cancelled. She can't forget Akash or move on, that much she love him. She remembered her happy times with her sister and father. They both gave her so much love, her father sacrificed his entire life for them and she thought now it's her turn to return back. She wiped her tears and kneeled down infront of her father.

She said firmly , " Appa I will marry him".
Her father can't believe what she said, he asked her again, " Ramya...what did you say now??"

She closed her eyes controlled her tears and said, " I will do anything for you and Sowmi, you both are my world. I can't see you both in pain, I will marry him. If my marriage solves all the problems I will do that Appa...
I'm ready for this marriage " said Ramya and cried louder on her father's shoulders. He too got emotional seeing her sacrificing her own dreams.

" Ramya.... I thought you are small kid, who always plays and be irresponsible, but today you proved me that I was wrong. I'm really proud of you my daughter" said Sundaram while caressing her head. She too got emotional and cried.

" Don't worry about your future. I'm not getting you married with a stranger. I know him well, he will make you happy. I'm sure you will live very happily with him,he will take good care of you,he is very nice person" said Sundaram. After hearing his name Ramya felt twitched inside her, she always thought bad about him, she scolded him, unnecessarily she hate him but now she is going to marry him.

Sundaram and Ramya told their decision to Janaki and her family. She was so happy to get her both the sons married. She decided to talk with Abhi, but before doing that she gave his photo to Sundaram and asked him to show it to his daughter once. She was feared inside what would be Ramya's reaction after seeing his pics. Sundaram also worried he know about his daughter's obsession for beauty, he gave Abhi's photos to his daughter and asked her to look at him once before marrying him. Ramya hesitantly get his pics and moved aside to have a look at his pics.

She was about to open it, but she was stopped by something in her mind.
She recollected when others said that the bride eloped because she don't like him, what will happen if she too don't like him??? What if he is not looking like as she expected??

This thought made her dumb. She knew that she don't have a choice, or she can't back off from this marriage for her family sake. So she decided to not to look at him until they get marry, she thought it would be fine to marry him without seeing his face. She decided to adjust with him and accept her destiny after their marriage. So she lied to her father that she likes him, her father was perplexed at her answer. He asked her once again, she assured him that she is ready to marry him. Everyone were so happy at her decision, Janaki hugged Ramya and expressed her happiness.

She said " Ramya... Don't think that I'm praising my own son. Really you are so lucky to get him as your husband, he will treat you like a princess. Try to look at him through your heart not with your eyes, you will find him more beautiful than anyone , I'm sure you will be happy with him " said Janaki with the happy tears by caressing Ramya's face. Ramya was confused hearing her words.

" Now it's my responsibility to convince him for this marriage, he is really broken. I don't know how to make him agree " said Janaki. She rushed to Abhi's room to talk with him, she knew it would be really difficult for her to convince him once again. She prayed to God to make everything perfect.

Ramya too prayed to God that he shouldn't agree to marry her, so that she will be saved from this marriage. Another side she was also worried about her sister's marriage, then she pacified herself and get ready to marry him.

To Be Continued...

***********************************

Hey Guys!!!

I'm sure the story will be quite interesting now. Kindly share your opinions and expectations about this story.

I hope you all will like this new story and If you are impressed with my new chapter, don't mind to post your comments and share your votes.

Your support is the most important thing for me to write further. I believe you will keep supporting me.

Thank you
Meenakshi Jothi