Secret Out

"Ramya ma... What happened to you?? Look at me, wake up dear " said Sundaram, Ramya's father with tears. Abhi, Sowmiya, Akash, Janaki and all were standing in the room with a worried face.

"Abhi what happened to her?? Why did she faint??" Asked his mom, Janaki.

" Amma... I don't know what happened exactly. I came out after taking bathe, when I saw her she was sitting in the balcony and enjoying the weather, after sudden power off she tried to move from there but suddenly she saw something, screamed and then fainted. And then I brought her here" said Abhi looking at Ramya worriedly.

" Abhi... I think she might get scared of darkness , don't worry doctor is in on the way" said his Mom.

Doctor came and did his check up, after that he informed " She was weak and she got so much stress. Maybe suddenly she got married, right? So, she might get scared or anxious about that . Give her sometime she will be fine, most importantly she needs to eat properly, she look so weak. I will give her injection, let her sleep well tonight ".
The doctor left after prescribing the medication. Everyone looked worried about Ramya.

"Yeah... She told me that she was scared of wedding night, but I didn't think that she would be this serious " said Sowmya hesitatingly. The family looked at her surprised.

" Sowmiya you should have told me about this, I would have spoke with her. These are all normal post wedding rituals for every married women. Now look at her what happened?? She got scared and fainted" Said her MIL annoyed. Sowmya felt bad and looked down.

" Amma... I don't believe in these rituals. Let her get well and get comfortable in our house, until that don't bother her with this useless customs " said Abhi strictly.
All were shocked at his words.

" But Abhi... You both are married, you both need to start your life " said his MoM.

"Amma...what do you mean by starting a life?? To force into something without her wish?? She is very young, still studying in college, maybe mentally not yet ready for marriage , and most importantly we got married all of a sudden. Till today morning she didn't even get an idea of her own wedding. Think about her situation ma... she need sometime, we should be little sensitive. Look at her face she looks so pale and tired, she might get stressed as well as scared. I want to make her happy and comfortable not to scare her" said Abhi firmly and made everyone mouth shut. His mother left the room helplessly after knowing that she can't convince her son.

Sowmiya and her father smiled seeing his caring gesture for Ramya. Sowmi thanked him for being sensitive towards her sister, she offered to take care of Ramya tonight.
But he denied that, indicating that it was her first day of wedding. He asked both Akash and Sowmiya to go to their room, as he will take care of Ramya, they obliged his words and left. Sundaram held Abhi's hand and conveyed his gratitude for taking his daughter's side, he said he was worried about their sudden marriage till now, but from now on he will be at peace as he know that he will take care of her well . Abhi smiled and assured him that he will always take care of her. Her father left the room happily.

After everyone left Abhi locked the room and came near Ramya, his lips curved seeing her sleeping like a innocent kid. He remembered his first encounter with her last night, he took her hand in his hand and said, " When I saw you first time, I never thought we will get marry. Everything changed within a day, but I'm really very happy that you accepted me as I'm. Today you saved my family from humiliation and heart break, I will be thankful for that forever. I promise you that I will always stand by your side and will do what makes you happy, I will never make you suffer " he caressed her head, covered her with blanket and went to do his office work.

*****************************************

Next day morning Ramya woke up from her bed, she felt heavy head. She rolled on her side and remembered what she saw last night. Moreover she don't remember what happened after that. She saw someone and panicked after that she fell down only till that was in her mind.

"Who was that person?? He scared me"
"Why did her come to this room to at that night time??" Or
"Did I imagine??" So many questions she asked herself.

She got up from her bed and looked around the room, only she was there alone. She saw a laptop on the table, may be it's his laptop she assumed. "But where is he ?? Did he leave early morning ?? What kind of person is he?? Yesterday only we got married, I was unwell after that but, still he is not showing any interest to meet or talk with me. He is testing my patience, I don't know how I'm going to live with him " said Ramya annoyed.

She went to washroom to fresh up, she felt damn tired so she took bath and return with normal kurta and leggings. She went to balcony to dry up her wet clothes but, surprised to see someone standing there outside.

Suddenly she realised maybe he is Abhi, unknowingly she was excited to see him. At the same time he too realised that she was standing behind him and so, he turned to her side with a smile in his face. She was shocked to see the same person whom she saw last night.

" Good morning.... Ramya. How do you feel now??" Asked Abhi.

He is here again?? Moreover the same voice she heard yesterday.
It means... It means...he is her husband. Did she married him yesterday??
How is it possible??
Her world shattered looking at him, she wouldn't be able to stand on her feet properly, she stumbled. Immediately Abhi rushed there and stopped her from falling down, he looked at her worried.

But she was very disturbed to see his face very closer, she was scared to see him and closed her eyes, but Abhi thought she was shy. He smiled at her and asked teasingly,
" How many times will you stumble in a day?? Tell me, so that I can save you from falling down". Instantly she got angry and jerked from his arms, she ran inside the room. She reached their bedroom and she was about to burst out in tears, Abhi too reached there.

"Sorry I was just kidding you, I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm extremely sorry Ramya" said Abhi and he was about to touch her shoulder, someone knocked the door.

" Ramya... Ramya.... Did you get up ?? Open the door" said Sowmya form outside. Hearing her voice Abhi went ahead and opened the door.

" Ramya... How do you feel?? Are you ok??" Asked Sowmya. Ramya just nodded her head, still she was in shock. She couldn't come out of it. Sowmya asked about the same, Abhi said just now she got up. Then Sowmya asked her to get ready that we need to goto the temple today morning, she also brought saree and jewels for her. Without a word Ramya got everything and kept aside.

Sowmya asked her to come soon and left. Once she left the room Ramya said to Abhi ,that she need to change her dress. He asked her to call him if she need anything and left the room immediately. She locked the bedroom door went inside the bathroom, she opened the shower and cried louder under that.

" All my dreams shattered, why did I get such husband?? I always dreamed about getting my prince charming, I expected a good looking, handsome man as my husband.
But, what did I get now?
I was terrified to see him, how can I spend my whole life with him??
How will I tolerate his burnt face forever??
Why this injustice happened with me??
What was my mistake??" cried Ramya sitting on the floor.

To Be continued....

****************************************

Author's Note

Hi Guys!!

In this story I had to use some unpleasant words to describe the girls pain of marrying an accident victim with a burnt face. Here I'm not mentioning anything bad or abusive about the accident victims. This story will describe their pain and suffering they are enduring. If any of my words hurt anyone's feelings I'm really apologetic for that.

Here I'm trying to say that,
" True love doesn't exist in beauty of face, it's only in the beauty of Heart" .

Hope you will understand that and continue your support with the votes and comments.

Thank you
Meenakshi Jothi