Abhi Saved Ramya

" Hello...I'm Mrs. Ramya Abhiroop" said Ramya calmly, by folding her hands together as a respect to the elder. Abhi was stunned at her sweet gesture.

That lady stood beyond the shock and asked him, " Abhi.. you got married, is this true??".

Unknowingly Ramya felt that this woman was not happy about the fact that Abhi was married to her.But, why?? She had a thought.

" Yeah.... aunty recently I got married. She is my wife and he is my father in law" said Abhi by introducing them.

" Oh... Ok... congratulations Abhi and....??" The woman looked at Ramya and said that she forgot his wife's name. Ramya was irked at her, she felt that this woman was trying to put her down.

Abhi said , " She is Ramya...". 

When he said her name, she felt a different kind of feeling. She felt elated and had the feel of butterflies flying in her stomach.

" Fine.... congrats Ramya. Abhi when you get time to come to our home, Uncle will be happy to see you after a long time. Even Priya is staying with us now" said that woman stressing her daughter's name.

Ramya got annoyed that she was purposely inviting only Abhi by ignoring her presence. 

She said, " Aunty will always be busy, so If you are free, visit our home with your family". 

Both Abhi and that woman looked shocked. Ramya was confused at their behaviour. That woman nodded her head in anticipation. Abhi looked on.

"Sure Aunty. I will try to come. You please convey my regards to all. I'm getting late, so we will see you later" said Abhi. 

"Ok... Abhi bye TC, bye Ramya and happy married life, you are so lucky to get a wonderful life partner like Abhi "said that woman by hiding her Disappointment.

Ramya smiled and held Abhi's arms tightly to show her possession. She said, 

" Thank you, I knew it, he is a wonderful husband". Abhi was stunned at her act. That lady looked shocked and left the place.

Then they all left the airport in their car. Ramya was suspicious looking at Abhi, he was lost somewhere. She was thinking he was not normal after meeting that woman. So, who could be that woman and her daughter Priya. She wants to ask Abhi but she was not daring enough to do that.

Simultaneously Abhi was also thinking about Ramya's different behaviour in front of Subadra aunty. 

What happened to her ?? 

Why did she behave like that??

She told me clearly that she hates me and this marriage. For her this marriage was just a compromise. Then why did she act like a lovey dovey couple in front of her. 

Is she pretending to be happy infront of her father?? He felt dejected, thinking of her actions as an act.

****************************************

They all reached home in another two hours, of course due to the heavy traffic of Chennai. Abhi's house was a beach side villa with a pleasant view of the beach. His house looks rich and more than big enough for their family. Hearing they reached everyone came out to welcome the couples. 

"Ramya.... I missed you so much" sister's shared a hug.

" Appa....what a sudden surprise. So, you will listen only to Abhi mama, won't you?? Said Sowmi with anger. His father laughed and asked her daughter how she?? She felt emotional and they shared a moment.

Their mother in law asked the couples to stand together for aarthi, she insisted that should be done before they enter into the house for the first time. Abhi stood next to Ramya with a one arm distance, everyone started to tease him for that and asked him to stand closer to his wife.

Abhi was hesitant, Ramya understood it was because of her previous behaviour. She came closer to him, he looked surprised, she signed him "It's ok". He thought she was pretending to make her family happy.

Hiding his pain he embraced her with his arms, they both smiled looking at others. Sowmi took the aarthi and Akash captured that moment. Whole family was happy to see them together. Ramya entered into her in-laws house by holding Abhi's hand.

After a moment together Janaki asked them to freshen up and come soon for dinner. Sundaram went to the guest room, Abhi took Ramya to their room. 

Their room was on the first floor, richness was flaunted there, where it was needed. It looked so big with his office room attached on one side, and it was attached with a closed balcony on the other side, from their sea view was excellent. Ramya was stunned at the beauty of the beach and its chill breeze. She forgot everything and started to enjoy that ambiance. 

Meanwhile Abhi took a bath and as he got ready to leave, he turned around the room to find Ramya. He went out to check her, but he was astonished to see her sitting on the handle wall under a dim light with open hair and watching the scenery. She looked ravishingly beautiful. He started to remember his first encounter with her before their wedding night. His lips curved up, he felt goosebumps.

He took a few moments to regain his senses, then he called her politely, " Ramya..." 

Though his voice was so gentle and polite, Ramya got scared. She tried to get up with a jerk, but she lost her balance and was about to fall down another side of the wall. Abhi acted immediately and pulled her up by holding her waist. She was so scared of falling down, but he asked her not to panic.

He brought her up and made her stand on her feet. She was still scared thinking about the moment before, she was afraid to stand by herself, leaned on him and whimpered in tears. He was freezed for a moment and embraced her gently, he caressed her head and said, 

"Sssshhhhh.... Ramya nothing happened. It's ok relax, you are fine ". She wept for sometime and became normal shortly. 

She mumbled "Thank you... I'm scared..." in a feeble tone. He silently caressed her to pacify her, after sometime she realised she was in his embrace, she got shy and moved back.

He was embarrassed and asked her to follow him, both went inside the room and he gave her water to drink, she gulped in thirst. Being alone with him after sometime made her nervous, but somewhat she felt safe with him. Suddenly she recollected their last encounter and felt guilty for hurting him. Tonight she was determined to talk with him about that and ask for his forgiveness. 

" Thank you for saving my life...

I have to tell you something... ". said Ramya hesitatingly, Abhi looked on.

"I mean.... I mean...that night...I said... actually it was..." Ramya stammered to talk, meanwhile she was interrupted by Abhi. 

"Listen Ramya... I remember each and every word that you said that day. You don't bother yourself to repeat everything once again, I will never take advantage of you. I know well you hate me and this marriage, so I will be in my limits. Right now I'm also helpless to release you from this loveless marriage, please give me sometime I will find some way. Until that you kindly tolerate my ugly face, I know it's difficult for you but please do it for our family sake" said Abhi composed and left the room immediately. 

Ramya was speechless, she stood like a statue, she was in utter shock thinking about his outburst, her cheeks were drenched in tears. She didn't realise when he left and how long she stood like that, until Sowmi knocked the door.

" Ramya... Ramya..." Sowmi shouted from outside.

To Be Continued...

***********************************