{78} Dean Winchester (Part 2)

Requested BY: BeautifulMax2001

You woke up the next morning with the events of yesterday replaying in your mind. You had so many emotions inside that you needed to get out. So, you grabbed your journal and began writing. At first you were just writing how you felt but it turned into song lyrics. You titled the song "Die From A Broken Heart" and began writing the melody in your head, humming the notes to yourself.

"Hey," Luke said, suddenly at the door to the room. He had a sandwich in his hand and a glass of water and handed both of them to you. You graciously took both items from him, eating the sandwich and drinking the glass of water.

"Thank you," you told him as you finished eating. "Of course," he replied with a warm smile. "Do you by chance have a guitar?" you asked him, wanting to hear how the melody that you just made up sounded on an actual instrument. Luke nodded his head in response and asked, "Do you play?"

"Yes, it's one of my favorite things to do," you responded. Luke looked surprised but pleased with your answer. "Do you mind if I borrow your guitar?" you questioned. "Not at all," he replied, leaving your room with your dishes in his hand.

He placed your dishes in the sink and grabbed his guitar, bringing it back to your room. He did a quick tune check and then passed the guitar to you. You took it from him and began playing out the melody you had created only a few minutes ago. "Do you write your own music too?" he asked, noticing the way you kept looking down at your journal every so often while you played.

Before you could respond he said, "I write my own music, whenever I get time to." "These days, I only write music when I really need to get my emotions out. I wish I had the time to write a song just for the fun of it, but I've been too busy. I think the last time I wrote a song that wasn't an outlet for emotions was eight years ago," you admitted.

He wore a sad smile at your words but nodded his head in understanding. "What's your song about?" he questioned, a curious look dancing in his eyes. Instead of telling him, you passed him your journal so that he could read the lyrics himself.

He could never understand the true gravity of the situation. He didn't know Dean, and he had just met you last night. But, he could understand the emotion behind the song. That was what music was supposed to do. Even if people didn't understand the full story behind your words, the goal was to make them feel the way you were feeling when you wrote the song. Judging by the look that Luke had on his face while he was reading the lyrics, he felt those emotions, at the very least, he understood them.

When he was finished reading the words you had written, he handed you back your journal and asked, "Were you at the bar last night because of this?" He understood the song enough to know something bad had happened between you and someone you loved.

You only nodded your head in response. Luke placed a gentle hand on your shoulder before saying, "It seems crazy that anyone would break up with someone as beautiful as you." A small blush rose to your face at his words and you replied, "Thank you, but it wasn't really a break-up. We were never together. I was in love with him, but he never felt the same way, and then he just walked out of my life."

"Well, now I know he's definitely crazy," Luke joked making you laugh. "Well, I have to start getting ready for work," Luke told you. "Mind if I tag along with you? I don't really feel like sitting inside all day," you said.

"Of course you can come," he stated with a bright smile. You both got ready and Luke drove the both of you to the bar you were at last night. You sat in the same spot from last night. "Let me guess, a whiskey?" Luke asked, making you chuckle. "If you have any left after last night," you replied. "Hmm, I'm not sure. Let me check the back," Luke responded with a wink, walking a bit away from you.