{83} Gabriel

Requested By: RavenQueen1414

Gabriel x  Female!Latina!Reader Soulmate AU

You have one eye that is the color of your soulmates

You took in a deep breath as you rolled over in your bed, turning off the alarm that just woke you up. You sat up and stretched, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. You got out of bed and grabbed some clothes before taking a shower.

A bit later, you got out of the shower and got dressed before taking a closer look at yourself in the mirror. You looked straight into your eyes in the mirror, taking in their color. One of your eyes was Y/E/C but the other was a deep navy blue with bright gold accents.

One eye color was the color that you were born with, the other was the color of your soulmate's eyes. It was a way for you to find your soulmate. You had pretty much given up hope that you would ever find your soulmate though. After all, who could possibly be born with such an intricate blue and gold design in their eyes.

You felt jealous of people who had found their soulmate. It had been something you had dreamed of since you were a kid when your parents would tell you about how they found each other. The idea of someone being created perfectly to be your other half intrigued you and you knew that if you could just find who your soulmate was, you would find happiness.

But, despite your best efforts to find your soulmate, you never did. Eventually, you stopped trying. You got comfortable in the house you lived in and worked your everyday job as a park ranger.

You were straightening your uniform that you had on and grabbed your hat before heading towards work. When you arrived, you got out of your car and saw one of your co-workers a bit away. You greeted them before starting your daily routine of walking the area to make sure nothing was out of place.

You liked to walk as far out as you could, ensuring that you were thorough with your job. You began walking and got lost in your thoughts, just taking in the beauty of the nature that surrounded you. When, suddenly, you tripped over something hard and hit the ground.

You groaned as you stood back up, dusting off your knees before turning around. You expected to see a dead animal on the ground, as it happened quite frequently, but you let out a loud gasp as you saw that it was an unconscious man. You quickly dropped back down to the ground and took in his appearance. He looked as if he had been in a fight.

He was lying on his back, his eyes shut and his clothes torn. You quickly checked his pulse and let out a breath of relief as you found one. It was barely there, but it meant he was still alive. You tried to call out your co-worker's name in the hopes that they would hear you but they didn't respond.

Your voice woke the man up however as he let out a large groan. "Don't worry, sir, I'm calling an ambulance right now to help you," you reassured him, taking out your phone as you began dialing. He placed his hand on your phone, however, stopping you as he said, "No, please don't, they can't help me."

"You need medical attention," you stated, attempting to dial again, unsure if the man was in his right mind or not. But, this time, he took your phone away and looked into your eyes. He paused for a moment as he stared at your blue eye as if he recognized something about it.

But, you were sure he wasn't your soulmate because his eyes were champagne colored. "Please, I just need a place to rest. Can you help me? I have to get out of the open," he pleaded with you. He looked fearful and vulnerable and you couldn't help but feel sorry for him. "Okay, my car is just North down the road. Here are my keys, if you try anything, I'll have the cops on you in just a matter of seconds. I'll take you somewhere safe," you told him. He looked grateful as he took the keys and began making his way toward your car.