{43} Sam

Requested By: spaced_out_angel

Imagine: You are Sam's guardian angel and Castiel tells you never to meet him, but one day Sam is really hurt so you go and help him.

You were a guardian angel. You had orders. Orders that had to be followed. That's how things were in Heaven. Under no circumstances were you allowed to go against what you were told by other angels. You were assigned a human and you watched out for them. No contact, no showing them who you were. 

You knew your place in Heaven and you were fine with it. That was until the human you were assigned to watch over was Sam Winchester. Throughout his entire life, you had been on guard, ready to help Sam whenever you could. He lived a hunter's life, and you knew it was dangerous, but you weren't going to let Sam die because of it. 

Or at least not again. Under the direct order the archangel Michael, you were in no way supposed to help Sam when he was facing Azazel and the other special children. You were just supposed to let him die. Let Dean sell his soul to save him. Let Sam get possessed by Lucifer and every other thing that has happened to him. 

After the apocalypse, you ran away from Heaven. You didn't fall, you just went into hiding, not wanting anything to do with them. But, you still kept an eye on Sam, making sure he was okay. You would feel guilty if you just stopped watching over him after all of this time. 

You ran into the angel Castiel from time to time. He was nice and offered you advice about the Winchesters and even informed you on some things that were happening in Heaven. However, there was only one thing that Castiel told you whenever he ran into you.

You were to never make any sort of contact with Sam Winchester.

It was an order. 

So, you continued to stay in the shadows, following Sam around and making sure he didn't get himself into any fatal trouble. He was doing good. He was being careful. Until, one night he went hunting with his brother, Dean.

It was a simple demon case. All they had to do was kill the demons. But, what they hadn't realized was that the demons were in allegiance with some rogue angels. Sam and Dean had come up with a plan to divide and conquer. 

You wanted to yell at them about how stupid that plan was, but you knew you couldn't. You had your orders. You followed Sam throughout the house, hoping the rogue angels would be so focused on the Winchesters that they wouldn't notice you were also there. 

Sam killed a few demons before continuing to make his way through the house. He entered one room, the parlor room, and that's when it was all over. At least six demons and four of the rogue angels were in that room. You could see the slightest bit of panic in Sam's eyes and you wanted to go get Dean, but you knew he was taking care of his own demons in another place of the house.

Your mind began to become clouded as you began debating what you should do. You watched at the ten creatures surrounded Sam and although he fought well, one stabbed Sam in the stomach. In a matter of a couple of minutes, it would be a fatal wound.

Your thoughts raced around your mind. Castiel had given you direct orders. But...Castiel never obeyed the orders he was given. And, there was no chance in Heaven or Hell, that you were going to let Sam die again. 

You made yourself known, directing everyone's attention towards you. "Hey, everybody. What's going on?" you asked, sarcastically, a small smirk resting on your face. "Y/N," one of the rogue angels stated through his gritted teeth.

Your smirk only grew as you pulled out your angel blade and began to smite every demon in the room before killing the rogue angels. You felt Sam's eyes on you and you gracefully battled the others. When they were all down, you bent down next to Sam who instinctively backed away.

"Please, I'm not here to hurt you," you stated, raising your hands up in surrender. Sam relaxed a little bit and you placed your fingers on his forehead, healing his wounds. "Who are you?" he asked, looking at you in confusion.

"I'm Y/N, your guardian angel," you replied. You knew Sam was going to have so many questions and you braced yourself for them. "My guardian angel? Where were you before? Why are you only coming now?" Sam asked, his eyebrows furrowing.

"I'm sorry, I had orders," you replied, and Sam stood up. You followed in suit as he asked you, "Orders? You're supposed to protect me, right? Aren't those your orders?" Sam asked, and you looked down, sheepishly. Sam felt a little bad since you had just saved him and looked down for a moment. 

"I'm sorry, uh," he began but was cut off by Castiel's voice saying, "Y/N? What are you doing here? I gave you direct orders to not make any contact with Sam Winchester." You looked up at Castiel with guilt in your eyes as you tried to explain. 

"I'm sorry, he was hurt, and I didn't know what to do," you began but before you could finish explaining, Dean also entered the room and his eyes narrowed on you as he began advancing towards you. Before he could reach you, however, Sam stepped in front of you, protecting you. "Dean, don't. She saved me," he stated. Dean looked at you in confusion and you said, "Maybe, it's just better if I leave," you said, flying away.

You didn't know where you were going, all you knew was that you were confused. This was the first time you had ever disobeyed orders, but why did it feel so right? And what was it that you felt when you touched Sam's forehead, or when he protected you from his brother?

You would have continued to ask unanswered questions but your thoughts were interrupted by a voice that filled your mind. "Y/N, this is Sam Winchester, I don't know if you can hear me, or if you're even listening, but I would like to talk," he said. You smiled softly and appeared in front of Sam, startling him a little bit. 

"Hey," he said. "Hello," you replied. He just stared at you for a moment, and you asked, "You wanted to talk?" Sam was suddenly snapped back into reality as he said, "Oh, yeah, I wanted to thank you, for saving me, and apologize for Dean."

"You're welcome, and thank you for not letting Dean attack me," you joked, making Sam smile a little bit. You felt really comfortable around Sam which was strange, and he was thinking the same thing.

He took a step closer to you and asked, "So, these orders. Does that mean you can't come around me again?" You gave him a small smile and before you even thought about your answer, you told him, "If you want me, just call, I'll come. Even if I have to disobey orders." Sam smiled a little and said, "In that case, I'll definitely call again." "I'll be waiting," you replied, before disappearing, leaving Sam with a strange feeling.

It was a feeling you had as well, but you had no clue what it was. The only thing you knew was that the conversation you just had with Sam Winchester was the start of something absolutely amazing. 

Hello my little monsters,

Thank you all so much for reading and for all of the votes and comments. I love you all so much and all of you are amazing!

Always Keep Fighting!

~Caela