{41} Dean

Requested By: itsnotgayifyouaddbro

Imagine: Dean tells you about the scars that John gave him, and you show him your self-harm scars. Later, Dean tells you how perfect you are.

Trigger Warning -- Mentions of child abuse and past self-harm

Being a hunter was never easy. That was an understatement. If you were a hunter, you were pushed to every limit known to mankind, and then some. And if you had a kid, it was only worse. Hunters who were parents weren't exactly the best. In fact, most of them were pretty horrible.

They didn't know how to raise their children like normal kids, so they raised them like soldiers. They weren't understanding when a kid messed up and sometimes that caused them to do stuff that they thought they would never do to their kid. They don't do it just for fun, like some abusive parents. They do it to teach a lesson. And, unfortunately, some kids have to learn quite a bit of lessons.

Most kids have scars from the so-called lessons that their parents taught them during their childhood. And if the scars weren't given to them by their parents, they were given to them by themselves. Either because of the nightmares they've had to live through or the poor treatment of their parents, the scars were there.

__________________________________________________

You had met the Winchesters a few months ago on a hunt gone wrong. But, it wasn't your hunt. The Winchesters had once again found themselves in a mess that they didn't see coming until it was too late. They were hunting down a God when they happened to stumble across the Pantheon.

You had been tracking down the Pantheon for a while, and luckily for Sam and Dean, you made a surprise attack, killing most of them and forcing the others to flee. The Winchesters were so grateful that they asked you to tag along with them.

You debated the offer, wondering if you should even consider letting yourself get close to other hunters, because you knew how dangerous this life could be. But, ultimately, it was more dangerous to keep hunting by yourself. So, you agreed to go with them.

You had grown pretty close to both of the boys, but you had grown closer to Dean. There was something about him that you just connected with. Maybe it was the fact that both of you had such a painful past that both of you refused to let show.

You were only four years old when your mother was ripped apart by a werewolf. Your father had witnessed the attack and knew that if wasn't a simple animal attack the police chalked it up to. He had gone insane, trying to track down the werewolf the killed your mother, and along the way, he ran into every other creature in the book.

He began teaching you to shoot when you were seven and started taking you out on hunts when you were ten. To be fair, you asked him to start taking you on hunts, because your father was a drunk and you knew that if you didn't go with him, he would get himself killed. At least this way he had a chance.

You tried your hardest to be the best daughter you could, but once you turned twelve, something snapped in your father. He became cold towards you and constantly told you how much he regretted having you as a daughter and how he blamed you for the death of your mother.

He never laid a hand on you. But, his words hurt more than his actions, and in your mind, the only thing that would help was dragging your razor blade across your arms or your legs. It was painful, yes, but less painful than constantly hearing your father's hurtful words.

Now, you had scars on your arms and legs from the pain of your childhood, and they were a constant reminder of everything you had been through. But, you would never tell Dean or Sam about it. They had been through things themselves. You were sure of it. They had enough to deal with, but you still thought it would be nice to tell someone about it, so that you didn't have to deal with it all alone.