{93} Gadreel

Requested By: MishaTookMyQuarter

Gadreel x Reader

Brrring. Brrring. Brrring.

You let out a sigh as you rolled over and turned off the alarm clock on your phone, making the noise go away. You rubbed your forehead, already feeling the headache coming on, before returning your attention to your bedroom ceiling. The ceiling you had been staring at every night for the past week, unable to sleep.

You tried desperately to go to sleep, but your mind and body wouldn't allow it. So, you spent the nights staring at the ceiling - a sight that has now become unbearable. You stayed like that for a few moments before deciding to get up. You slowly blinked your eyes, slightly wincing at the pain since your eyes had begun to get too dry.

Then, you rolled out of bed. You hopped in the shower, more out of routine than anything before getting out and getting dressed. You looked at yourself in the mirror of your bathroom and couldn't help but be disappointed at the sight in front of you. Your eyes were bloodshot from lack of sleep, and underneath them were dark bags that almost made you look like you had two black eyes.

You felt weak and had no energy to do anything anymore - not even hunt. But, you pushed on, trying to keep up the facade that everything was alright. You moved from your room down to the kitchen of the Bunker where you found your two best friends waiting for you - Sam and Dean Winchester.

Immediately after seeing you, their expressions changed into sympathy. It would be pretty hard to miss the fact that you were having a rough time right now, even if they weren't your best friends. But, you refused to talk to them about it. You weren't angry at them, but they were the reason you were having a hard time.

A few months ago, Sam had gotten seriously injured. The Winchester brothers had managed to find a way to close the Gates to Hell forever. The plan to do so sounded great, you would have loved to never have to see a demon again.

But, unfortunately, like most things, it didn't come without some major consequences. In order to close the Gates to Hell, Sam had to undergo Trials, and the trials left Sam nearly dead. There was no hope for him to survive, and so Dean was desperate. He ended up turning to an angel named Ezekiel for help to heal Sam.

He tricked Sam into saying yes to Ezekiel so that the angel could possess Sam's body and heal him from the inside. You thought it was a terrible idea. After all, after everything you had seen, you weren't sure that angels were that much better than demons.

But, you knew how Sam and Dean were with each other, and if there was a chance to save Sam, then Dean was going to take it, no matter what the cost was. So, Ezekiel possessed Sam and healed him, just like he said he would. It seemed like for the first time, there wasn't going to be a negative consequence to the decision Dean made.

Then, you and Dean found out that Ezekiel was a fraud. Apparently, the real Ezekiel had died in Heaven, which meant that you and Dean had no idea who the angel that was possessing Sam was, or how to get him out.

Like always, Dean managed to come up with a plan, and Sam was able to expel the angel - whose real name was Gadreel - from his body, and...happily ever after, right? Wrong.

_______________

When you had first met Ezekiel, you were completely intrigued by him. You had met angels before, one of your best friends was Castiel after all, but there was something completely unique to Ezekiel. He was different. He was an angel, but you connected to him because he seemed like he understood pain. Like he wasn't completely turned off to feeling emotions.