26♡

I called out her name unconsciously, "Yes?" she asked me back.

I immediately shook my head and looked away avoiding her gaze but right then and there Jieun pinched my hand and got a glare back from me.

"You forgot already you goon-" she whisper-shouted at me making me realise what she was trying to say.

"Just don't stay quiet and compliment her whenever you feel like she's looking more beautiful than she does normally, I know it's harder than participating in a quiz competition for you but do it-"

"Uh...Suyoung-" I called her again but this time I was determined about giving her a compliment.

She looked at me again with an expression of confusion that crossed her features.

"You...you need to complete your homework when you come back home...I'll help you with that" and that was what I ended up saying after making myself mentally prepared.

She nodded slowly, it felt like she was disappointed too..."Naah why would she be disappointed, it's nothing serious even" I told myself and Jieun smacked my head soon after that.

"What was that for-" I gritted my teeth in pure annoyance.

"Nevermind let's go Suyoung" she pulled Suyoung along with her, meanwhile I bowed down to Jikyung and said goodbye to her.

Nothing shitty happened thankfully because Jieun wasn't talking about random embarrassing things anymore during our bus ride.

Finally, after a few minutes we reached our parents' home. I took a deep breath in and then rung the doorbell.

Soon after we heard someone unlock the door and it was Mom. She stared at us for a few minutes and we did the same, but then she pulled me and Jieun into a hug.

It would be a lie if I said I was surprised, in fact...I was SUPER surprised. Giving a hug wasn't really normal in our family, at least that's what we had seen from our childhood, then what was with the sudden change in her behaviour?

"I'm happy that you both came here-" she replied patting our backs.

"Come inside" she pulled us both inside, I looked at Suyoung and told her to follow us.

She brought us to the living room where Dad was busy with stacks of papers as always. He noticed us when me and Jieun bowed down to him.

"Ah my children are here, I'm glad to see you both here" he said giving us a casual smile.

I stepped aside so that Suyoung could wish them too since she stood behind us.

"Good afternoon Mr and Mrs Lee" she bowed down and greeted him with her sweetest voice.

"Oh...I did not notice that she was here" Mom said with her annoying voice again.

"You called all the three of us so yeah of course she was supposed to come with us" I said with my impassive expression on again.

"Pretty understandable because I was standing at the back" Suyoung whispered to me and I nodded silently.

"Anyways, you all can get freshed up and come to the drawing room" Mom said and walked out of the room followed by Dad.

I heaved a sigh of relief and sat down on the couch.

"I never wanted to come here because of them, but who cares" Jieun shrugged her shoulders and walked to the restroom.

"Why have you become so quiet nowadays Suyoung? Aren't you comfortable with me?" I asked noticing the change in the way she started to behave.

"Why wouldn't I be comfortable with you...it's just that I'm pretty stressed these days" she answered.