//Chapter 36//

-Ed's POV-

I waited outside the apartment building for Oswald to pick me up. It had been about a week since I talked to Bruce Wayne. I knew I should've called him but I just didn't have the courage. I heard someone walking towards me and I turned around, expecting Victor "Oswald's late, huh?"

"I wouldn't know, it's my first day"

I jumped back "Bruce?"

"Hi."

I stared at him for a moment "What are you doing here?"

"Going to school, what does it look like? Mind if I ride with you guys?"

"I'll have to ask Oswald... why are you going to school again?"

He kept eye contact with me "I figured it was time. I also wanted to see you because you didn't call"

I kicked a loose rock on the ground "Sorry about that..."

"It's okay-" Bruce was suddenly interrupted by Victor pulling him into a headlock

Victor held his neck tight "Ed, is he bothering you?"

"N-No, Victor! I know him! That's Bruce Wayne!"

Victor looked at him and let go "Oh! Sorry dude!"

Bruce rubbed his neck "It's fine, I understand your worry"

Victor looked down the roads "Where's Oswald?"

I looked as well "I have no idea. He should be here by now."

As if on cue, Oswald's car appeared and stopped. Victor got in and I slid in after "Hey Oswald, is it okay if Bruce catches a ride with us?"

Oswald nodded "No problem"

Bruce got in and we started driving to school "Thank you for driving me"

Oswald smiled at him "It's no problem"

-No one's POV-

When they finally got to the school, everyone got out of the car and made their way into the building. When they got in they were stopped by Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock "Bruce Wayne, Edward Nygma please come to the station with us"

Victor stood in front of all of us "Why?"

Harvey sighed "Kid this isn't your problem-"

Victor stared him in the eyes "I asked you why"

Jim put his hands out, reassuringly "Fine..." he took a deep breath before continuing "Jerome was somehow.... revived and we're worried that he's going to come for you two"

Ed felt his heart stop "J-Jerome was revived....?". Jim nodded and he felt his heart pounding out of my chest "Oh god..."

Oswald put a hand on Ed's shoulder "Ed, it's okay. They're going to protect you"

Jim looked at him "We'll keep you two inside the station. He won't be able to get you guys there"

Bruce narrowed his eyes in thought "Okay... does Alfred know about this?"

Jim nodded "Alfred knows about it" He turned to Ed again "So does Lee"

Oswald sighed "Ed, as much as I hate it... I think you should go with him, you too Bruce. They'll keep you safe at the GCPD until they've caught Jerome"

Ed was silent for a moment "We'll just be sitting ducks either way, so it doesn't really matter where we are"

Bruce looked at Jim "Fine."

Jim gave a short nod before leading the two to the cop car with Harvey. When they started driving, Jim looked at them through the rear-view mirror "It's okay, we'll make sure Jerome and his cult won't get to you guys"

-Time skip-

Jim led the two teens into a room. They sat down and Jim looked around "I'm sorry, this is the nicest room we have"

Bruce gave a small smile "It's fine. Thank you.". Jim left the room and Bruce approached Ed, sitting down in front of him "Are you okay? You look panicked."

Ed shook his head "N-No, I thought Jerome was dead. Jesus, he's gonna come after me"

"Ed, we're in the safest possible hands here. Jim will make sure Jerome doesn't get to you"

Ed nodded slowly and Bruce attempted to relax 

A/N

Sorry this isn't as long but I swear things will get long and interesting:)