Coming home

-Oswald's POV-

Because I like you. I read the text over and over. I didn't realize that I hadn't responded for a while. "Ed," Was all I texted. I continued typing. I wanted to tell him how I felt, but he had blocked me. I trudged home. My clothes were wet and muddy. I was cold and shivering. I opened the door. My mother was in the kitchen making dinner. She glanced over her shoulder and noticed me shivering. She immediately put down the knife she was using to cut carrots and came to the porch. She grabbed my hands and rubbed them. She told me to take off my shoes and change. I did as she said and when I went into the living room she had blankets piled on the couch. I sat on the couch and pulled all the blankets onto myself. My mom turned on the television and gave me the remote. I scrolled through Netflix and finally decided on Sherlock. My mom brought me some dinner and sat beside me on the couch with her own dinner. I paused the show and she looked at me in a confused matter. "I saw Ed today mom" she knew what was happening with Ed "He was..." I choked. " What was he doing honey?" She asked. "He was throwing bodies off of the newspaper building." She was confused. She knew Ed since he spent lots of his free time here. All of a sudden I started sobbing. She set her tea on the side table and hugged me. I looked up at her. My nose was running and my eyes were red and puffy. My mother was always there for me and I was always there for her. She wiped the tears from my eyes and smiled "Lots of cake and ice cream will make this better". I chuckled "Hell yeah it will". She brought a whole chocolate cake and a large tub of ice cream. She also grabbed whipped cream for good measure. She snatched the remote and turned on Rupaul's drag race. She handed me a spoon and we started fighting on which drag queen was better.