Awkward

-Oswald's view-

I watched Ed as he slept peacefully. When he breathed I could barely hear it. I couldn't process why he would do this. I had so many questions for him. After a few hours he woke up and looked around for a moment before seeing me. He just sat there, Looking at the ceiling. "E...Ed" I whispered. He sighed and kept looking at the ceiling. "Ed answer me" I said slightly yelling. He rolled his eyes. "ED PLEASE" this time I was yelling. He looked at me "What do you want me to say, Oswald?".  I shrugged "Just tell me you're ok". He looked at the ceiling again "I'm not". I looked at him "Why would you cut yourself?" I held back tears "Depression is a serious thing". He sat up and looked me straight in the eyes "I'm gong to run away again".  I shook my head "No, you're not". He scoffed and laid back down. Silence filled the room. Eventually Ed fell asleep. I  grabbed my phone from the dresser. After a few minutes I noticed Ed was breathing very hard. I didn't know what to do. Soon Ed started shaking violently. "MOM?!" I yelled. My mom ran into the room and saw Ed shaking. She told me to call an ambulance, which I did. Soon, the ambulance came and carried Ed away. All of it happened so quick. I didn't process what happened until I got to the hospital. I burst out crying. I wanted to hide it but couldn't. A nurse walked up to me "Mr. Cobblepot? You can see him now". I sprang up and basically ran to the room. Ed was asleep and I didn't want to wake him so I quietly sat down and waited. Not long after Ed woke up and didn't notice me. He sat up and ripped the cords off of himself. He tried standing but fell down. I  got up and went to the other side of the bed where he fell "Ed you need to rest". I couldn't see his face because he was still on the floor. He groaned and tried bringing himself up but didn't have the strength. "Jesus, what drugs did they give me?" He said and gave it another attempt, failing again. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around him awkwardly. I pulled him back onto the bed. "Can you get me some food please" he asked. I scratched my head, skeptically. "I physically can't run away Oswald". He gave a weak attempt at lifting his arm but failed. I nodded and got up and walked out of the room. I asked the nurses and they said there was food downstairs. I headed to the elevator and went downstairs. After ordering, I decided to take the stairs. BANG! I jumped at the sudden sound. It repeated several times before I realized it was gunshots. I ran up the stairs, worried about Ed. I returned to the room and saw an empty bed. I put down the food and put my head in my hands "Oh god".