one love

do you think you can fall in love twice?
I mean, with two different people at different times?
some people say you can, but others say you can't because if you truly love someone, you can only love once.

but maybe I finally found the love I've always wished for. the kind of love I searched for in the wrong person before. in a person that could never give me what I always wished for.
maybe I really found the love I wanted.
the love that feels like sunshine on a warm summer day and sounds like thunder when the sky's just a little bit grey.
a love that looks like flowers in your favorite colours and sounds like rain on your window at night.
I never felt like this before.

I know that's what everyone says.
everyone says that they never felt this way before and that they think that they found the one. "seriously, this time they're really the one, I swear."

and I know that maybe our love won't feel like sunshine all the time.
or maybe it won't even last and one day there will be more rain than sunshine. not the cozy, comfortable rain that taps at your window while you fall asleep to the sound of thunder. no, I'm not talking about this kind of rain and thunder. I'm talking about the cold, sudden showers that surprise you right when you step outside, hair straightened, without an umbrella or jacket. without any kind of protection in sight.

I have to be realisistic, maybe our love won't last. I have to be realisistic because if I'm not, I will get hurt.
but this time, seriously this time I mean it: I don't want it to end. It can't end. because I think I've finally found the kind of love I read about in my favorite books and now I don't want to lose it anymore.