the best

In so many situations in our life we want to be 'the best'.
Just for once we want to be the best in something, anything.
The best singer, writer, student, friend,...
But the truth is, we won't. We can't be the best in everything we do and most likely not even in one of these things.
I know it's hard to accept that there'll always be people who are better, faster, prettier, more talented than we are.
But as soon as we realized and - far more important - accepted that, we can finally stop comparing ourselves with everyone around us. We will finally understand, that it doesn't matter if we are 'the best'. The only thing that matters is that we always do our best. The best we can do. And then it will be enough - for ourselves. Maybe not for everyone, but for ourselves.
We all don't have the same dreams, goals and ambitions. We also don't have the same skills, talent and conditions. We are different and so are our achievements.
It's completely unnecessary to compare yourself to anyone else. It just doesn't matter what others do or achieve.
Focus on your goals and remember what you have already done and gone through! It doesn't matter if someone else was better than you. At least you were better than your past self.

You don't need to be better than other people, only try to be better than you were a month ago.
Everything will work out.