Chapter 1

Y/N's POV:
It's Tom's birthday party and I am not in the party mood at all. Don't get me wrong I love Tom he's a great guy but his parties are filled of pretentious wannabes with attitude problems. He's too nice to see it though, a lot of these people use him for likes on social media or want to get their names known. I usually stand in a corner on my phone sipping my drink unless there are a lot of people I know.
"Are you having fun?" Tom slurs drunkenly.
"Aren't I supposed to be asking you that it's your birthday?" I reply giggling.
"Well you're not the most sociable person so I wanted to check in with you," he explains.
"I'm fine thanks Tom. Maybe eat something and drink some water or this party is going to be over before it's begun," I advise him.
"You're such a mum," he laughs pouring himself a glass of water.
"I just don't want my best friend on the front of a tabloid passed out with cans and bottles around him. I can just see the headline now: Friendly neighbourhood Spider-Man turns to alcohol to deal with being a household name," I sigh.
"Relax. Enjoy yourself come on. I know plenty of beautiful women that you can flirt with," he suggests.
"You know plenty of straight women. I'm not going down that road again. I'm going to go outside for a bit," I reply.

It was nice and quiet outside I sipped my drink staring up at the stars. Getting my phone out I started to look through my schedule for tomorrow. The door opens and I look behind me. Wow.
"Sorry I didn't know anyone else was out here," the stunning brunette woman apologises.
"It's ok it's just too many people in there. Sometimes it all gets a bit much but you're more than welcome to join me," I offer the familiar woman.
"Panic attacks?" She asks.
"Sometimes how did you know?" I reply confused.
"I get them too," she says smiling sadly.
"What a lovely club we're both a part of. How do you know Tom? You don't seem like one of the usual morons he has at these parties that want to use him to be headline news," I inquire sipping my drink.
"I work with him. I'm Lizzie by the way," she introduces herself. Right she plays Wanda. I remember watching an interview where he said she was hot. I teased him about it for a week.
"Y/N. It's nice to meet you Lizzie. Tom and I have been best friends since we were kids. I love him but his parties are too much," I reply introducing myself.
"Do you want to get out of here?" She suggests.
"I'd like that. I'm pretty sure Tom's too drunk to notice if we leave," I agree following the almost stranger.

We walk for ages through the streets of London talking. I tell her about my job and she seems so interested to hear about my music. She tells me about her career and family.
"I don't get it. You seem so normal and down to earth. Some of Tom's actor friends are a little up themselves. And the others I'm too intimidated to meet," I say trying to figure her out.
"Who are you too intimidated by?" She ask smiling.
"Scarlett. I just think she's stunning and Black Widow is such a badass. Honestly I'm a little intimidated by you too," I explain nervously.
"I get the Scarlett thing. I mean she's practically a goddess but she's really nice and welcoming. But me. Why me?" She inquires confused.
"Because you're beautiful. I'm a mess when it comes to talking to beautiful women," I mumble embarrassed.
"You've done pretty well all evening," She assures me smiling. Wow that smile.
"I think that's the alcohol honestly. We should probably head back I'm sure you've got someone who's worried about where you are," I suggest looking at how late it is.
"Not anymore we broke up a few months ago," she sighs.
"Well if it makes you feel better I don't either. Where are you staying? I'll walk you back and then get an Uber home from there," I offer.
"My place isn't too far from here if you wanted to come back for a drink before heading home," she suggests. I nod smiling.

When we get back to her place she pours me a glass of wine and we sit on the couch talking for hours about everything and nothing.
"How are you finding London so far?" I ask the radiant woman next to me.
"I really love it. The people aren't as invasive as Americans which I really appreciate. People apologise a lot and are really lovely too. I understand most people from London but as soon as they live anywhere outside of there it becomes a bit harder. Also you all drink a lot I thought that was a stereotype but it's pretty real," Lizzie explains laughing.
"Yeah I mean if someone bumps into me I'll probably apologise. It's just a really British thing. You're right we do drink a lot. I saw this thing online and it's pretty true British people add ed onto the end of pretty much any item or word and it's just another way for us to say that we're drunk," I say making her laugh.
"Really? Anything?" She asks confused.
"I'll run you through my favourite repertoire of drunken terms. Trollied, smashed, sloshed, hammered, plastered, and battered. For terms not ending in ed I like tipsy, paralytic and merry," I answer making her laugh.
"I really like your laugh. I hope to hear it more," I add making her blush a little.
"Thank you for giving me such a thorough education on terms to refer to yourself as drunk," she replies giggling.
"You're welcome. I should probably head home. I've got to help tidy Tom's place in the morning or his mum will go mad. And then I'm heading into the studio for the rest of the day," I say standing up.
"Or you could stay here and I'll drive you to Tom's in the morning," she offers nervously.
"Are you sure? I don't want to intrude," I ask worried to impose.
"It's fine. I'll give you some clothes for you to sleep in. It's the least I can do after you kept me such great company. I was really dreading going to the party but I promised Tom and I didn't want to let him down," she agrees.
"Thank you."

I follow her to her room and she throws me a t-shirt and shorts.
"I hope they're ok. You can either stay in the spare room it's pretty cramped and full of my clothes and boxes or you can stay in here with me whichever one you feel most comfortable with," she explains.
"I mean I'm happy with either I'll take the sofa if that makes you more comfortable," I offer.
"Don't be silly you can just stay here with me," she says taking my hand. I walk into the bathroom to get changed. Climbing into bed next to her I started to get butterflies in my stomach she was stunning but straight. I had to keep reminding myself. Alright Y/N just go to sleep.
"Goodnight," she says turning off the light.
"Goodnight Lizzie."