Chapter 45

Lizzie's POV:
Opening the door I see her and my face just lights up. I want to tackle her in a hug but last time I tried she didn't react well.
"H...hey. I l... Come in," I mumble sadly knowing the last time I said I loved her she didn't say it back.
"Hi. Thank you," she says smiling slightly. I grab a bottle of wine and pour us both a glass as we sit down on the couch. She can barely look at me this was not good.
"Did Lauren force you to come home?" I inquire. She nods.
"Oh. Well do you want to wait to talk tomorrow about everything when you do want to be here?" I ask her.
"I think we should talk now. My mum says never to go to bed on an argument. I just want to understand Lizzie. Why didn't you warn me? You knew it would come up and I went in there fully intending to give one of my stupid declarations of love which would show them I'm the right person for you. So they trusted me to propose to you. You could've told me," she sighs.
"I didn't think it would come up. I don't want to sign it not really but I also don't want to disagree with my family because they have a point. You need to protect your interests as well. Y/N your music is getting bigger by the minute and you deserve to keep your money too. I'm sorry I should've told them how much I love you and how you always put me first. Every time we do anything you'll pay you always have and I know you always will. You take care of me Y/N and you'll take care of our future I know that. I should've told them that. I'm sorry," I explain.
"It's not my money Lizzie. It's our money. I don't care if we ever get divorced and you take every penny I own as long as our kids and you are happy. The thing is I'm not planning on divorce. I'm planning on spending the rest of my life with you, happily so. All you had to do is talk to me Lizzie and I probably would've signed it. But now it's just made me question everything. You don't trust me clearly. You can't talk to me. Our relationship is built on both of those things. So what are we doing Lizzie if both of those things are an issue?" She replies hurt.
"What are you saying?" I ask scared.
"I can't be with someone who doesn't trust me and can't talk to me Lizzie. You're going to have to figure out whether you can do both of those things. Until then I think we need some space. Me being here won't help you figure that out. I love you Lizzie more than anything you know that but I can't lie this has made me question everything," she opens up.
"Don't leave me. You promised me you'd never leave me. Please I do trust you I really do and I'm so sorry. I'll do anything Y/N," I beg her cupping her face.
"I know I did. I'm not leaving you Lizzie, not really. I just need you to be sure. I know you're sorry and I get it but I just want you to be certain before I let myself get deeper into this," she states.
"I am sure. What do you want me to do? Go and argue with my family I'll do it. Tell them that you mean everything to me I'll do it. Please Y/N. I can't lose you," I plead. She takes my hand away from her face.
"We're back at square one Lizzie these were the conversations we had. You were always asking me what I wanted you to do instead of doing what you want to do or what you think is right. It's not just me you don't trust. You don't trust yourself or your instincts. I'm going to go back to the hotel for tonight and for a few days where I dread to think of the bill Lauren has racked up. And when your ready and can trust me again let me know. I'll be waiting," she assures me kissing my hand gently.
"I understand. I love you so much Y/N. I'll prove it to you I promise," I declare as she stands up.
"I love you too Lizzie. I'll see you later," she whispers trying to hold back the tears as she leaves. As soon as the door shuts I start to sob. I was losing her.

Y/N's POV:
I knock on the door of my hotel room and Lauren opens seeing me teary hugs me tightly.
"It's ok," she whispers.
"No it's not. I'm losing the best thing that ever happened to me. I thought I could just pretend like it never happened and settle but if I keep doing that where are we going to end up. She needs to do some thinking we both do," I explain.
"Well what we're going to do is put on a shitty rom com that we can both cry at and then you're going to fall asleep. Tomorrow you're going to channel all that angst into writing and then we'll go to a bar getting really drunk to take your mind off it," Lauren suggests.
"I like the part about the writing but a bar is the last place I want to be right now. I just need to wallow in self pity and hatred," I laugh.
"Ok but you've got to give me the low down on Florence. She's hot and seems like a bitch I'm totally into that," Lauren smirks.
"Ok deal."