Chapter 82

Y/N's POV:
It's been a week and nothing. No change. I just couldn't face the hospital again. Seeing the look on his mum's face nope not today. I grab a crate of beers from the fridge and walk to the one place I could truly be alone with Tom. When I get to the hill I open two beers one for me and leave the other next to me where Tom usually sits. I probably look crazy but this is what I needed right now.

Lizzie's POV:
I was worried no one had heard from Y/N all day. She hasn't been to the hospital or spoken to anyone. I knew something was wrong I didn't get a good morning message. Her sister went to check the hill but it seemed she'd missed her there was a beer on the spot where she always sat but no Y/N to be found. She'd switched off her phone. I hated being so far away from her. She needs support and I'm not there.

Y/N's POV:
I'm not sure how many drinks I've had I really didn't care. I was sat in a random pub in the corner drinking pint after pint. I was getting dirty looks but I didn't care. This is what I needed. I need to numb the pain. I didn't want to be found hence I turned my phone off and didn't go to my usual. A woman walked over to me.
"Y/N is that you?" The familiar voice asked.
"Anna?" I check my vision slightly wayward from the drinking.
"Yeah it's me. Are you ok?" She inquires concerned.
"Nope. Tom's in the hospital and has been unconscious for a week. And I feel entirely useless. Lizzie's in another country and won't be here for another 4 days. And honestly I'm falling apart so I'm here drinking away my sorrows. How are you?" I mumble drunkenly.
"Oh my god. I'm so sorry Y/N. Let me get you something to eat," She requests.
"I'm not hungry," I lie wanting to drink myself into an oblivion.
"I'm not taking no for an answer," Anna warns me.

Anna brings me back a glass of water she insists I drink in its entirety to sober me up.
"Have you spoken to anyone today?" Anna queries.
"Nope. I just can't face it honestly. I'm sick of the how are yous and the look on his mum's face of hope which is wiped away as soon as the doctor's tell her there's no change," I sigh.
"They're probably worried about you Y/N. At least message one person to let them know you're ok. Or I'll message Taylor. I still have her email. I'll stay with you for the rest of the evening even if you don't want to talk. I just want to make sure you look after yourself," Anna encourages me.
"Fine. I'll message Lizzie considering she can't come here. Thank you for doing this I just can't see anyone who I associate with him," I explain. I watch message after message come through from everyone who I'm close to.

Lizzie's POV:
I was starting to panic. Deciding to try one more time her phone actually rings. Someone picks up.
"Y/N?" I ask hopefully.
"Yeah it's me I'm ok. I just needed to go off the radar for the day. I'm sorry for worrying you. I just couldn't talk to anyone with any connection to Tom. Anna found me by chance in the pub. She's making sure I eat and stay hydrated so please don't worry," She explains her absence.
"Are you sure you're ok? You've had everyone worried sick," I double check.
"Here talk to Anna. She'll give you more assurance than I will," Y/N sighs handing the phone over to her.
"She's ok now but she wasn't. She must've drank at least 5 pints here plus whatever she drank before she got here. I ordered her food and I'm making her drink lots of water. I'll make sure she gets home safe and messages you updates," Anna assures me.
"Thank you for being honest. I appreciate your help. Please don't tell anyone about this. This isn't Y/N she's just hurting right now," I beg.
"I won't. She saved my life it's only fair I protect hers," Anna agrees.
"Thank you. Can I talk to her again?" I request.
"I'm sorry," Y/N mumbles tearily.
"It's ok. I'll be there in a few days to hold you and never let go," I remind her.
"Promise you'll never die. Or never leave me. You have to let me die first or we can be like those couples that die at the exact same time because we can't live without each other," Y/N cries.
"I promise I will try to die before you but not until we're old and grey having lived a full and happy life," I promise.
"Ok I love you. You can talk to Anna now," she says tiredly.
"Hi Anna I'm going to send you an address it's her mum's house make sure she goes there and not home. Take my number from this phone and message me so I know when her mum can expect her," I request.
"Of course."

Y/N's POV:
I stumble into my mum's house hating every second. Tom will haunt me here. He's everywhere. We grew up together in this house. He had his first kiss in our living room. I broke my ankle playing football with him in the garden. My room is where he'd sit with me for hours when I was at my lowest even if I didn't say anything he was there. I lie on my bed and cry and cry and don't stop. My mum holds me as I tire myself out from crying so much I fall asleep.