Chapter 55

Lizzie's POV:
When we get back to the house Tom is watching the football and Y/N is nowhere to be seen.
"Hey Tom, where is she?" I ask concerned.
"We went for lunch and the waiter was rude to her when she was trying to order. They made comments directed at her injury. We left and came back here ordering a takeaway but she hasn't said much except not to call you because she didn't want to ruin your day. She's in your room I think. She went to get a blanket," he informs me. I'm so angry for her.
"The last thing she'll want is to see you this angry. Let me go to your room and talk to her. You can stay out here with Tom. We'll be out in a bit," Scarlett encourages me.
"Thank you. What a dick," I sigh.

Y/N's POV:
The door opens and I half expect to see Lizzie but it's Scarlett.
"H..hey Scar. I'm just l...looking for a b..blanket. How was your d..day?" I ask.
"Good thank you. Tom told us about the waiter. How are you feeling?" She queries sitting down on the bed.
"Incompetent honestly. All I W..want is to get b..better so I can pr..propose to Lizzie. I'm just t..tired of feeling so u...useless," I sigh.
"Listen to me. You've been awake for less than a week and you're already improving your speech. Your movement is impressive too. You've got speech therapy Monday and they'll give you the tools to get where you want to be. Don't think about how far you have to go. Think about how far you've come. You can concentrate for longer and can hold a regular conversation. I'm impressed," she comforts me.
"You're right. I'm just f..frustrated I think when I woke up I expected everything to go b..back to normal. I miss doing n...normal things and I hate that I'm a burden to Lizzie," I explain.
"You're not a burden. You're the love of her life. She wants to be with you and this is a part of you for now so just let her take care of you for now. Then you can take care of her for the rest of your lives. And I know you're already taking care of her in one respect," she smirks making me laugh a little.
"I think that's why I'm most f...frustrated I can't really workout y...yet and I miss being with L...lizzie so much. I guess it's l...less than two weeks to g...go," I say trying to put a positive spin on things.
"Exactly and we've got the premiere to look forward to. Hopefully by then your headaches will be better and you can enjoy the film fully. Now come on your girlfriend is about to go down to the restaurant and punch the shit out of that waiter unless you assure her you're ok," she laughs standing up. I stand up laughing and follow her.

Lizzie's POV:
Y/N walks out with a big smile on her face and walks over to me hugging me tightly.
"D..don't kill the waiter. I n...need you around for w..when I finally g..get signed off and we can go on p..proper dates and have some n..normality again," she whispers kissing my forehead.
"Ok. I can't wait. Are you ok to put up with Tom for another few hours for dinner?" I check.
"Y..yeah I'm good. S..Scarlett will you stay too?" Y/N requests.
"Of course I will. Can't leave Lizzie outnumbered by Brits," Scarlett agrees.
"I thought we already established we're superior," Tom laughs.
"Even L..Lizzie wants to l..live in England," Y/N adds.
"Traitor," Scarlett states making us all laugh.
"I fell in love with London as well as Y/N," I justify as Y/N kisses my cheek.
"Really? I never would've guessed," Scarlett teases me.
"You can leave," I sigh.
"Don't be m..mean my love. Don't f..forget you'll be left w...with just T..Tom and I soon," Y/N reminds me wrapping her arms around my waist.
"Fine she can stay," I agree making Y/N smile.
"I...is it ok if I s..stop talking for a b..bit. I c..can feel it w..worsening?" She inquires and we all nod.
"You can just watch a movie with Scarlett while Tom and I sort out dinner," I suggest.

Y/N fell asleep on the sofa while we prepared dinner. Tom looked really concerned.
"Did I push her too hard? Is this my fault?" He asks worried.
"No her mind just needs rest sometimes. It's quite normal and it'll help her speech. She's not used to the air. This is the first time since the accident I've seen her happy for an extended period of time. It's good Tom," I assure him.
"Thanks Lizzie," he says smiling.
"Alright I better wake sleeping beauty. All this food can't go to waste," I laugh as they lay the table. I walk over to Y/N stroking her hair kissing her forehead gently.
"Evening Sleepy head. Are you hungry?" I ask.
"Starving. Did the others l...leave?" She mumbles tiredly waking up fully.
"You couldn't get rid of us if you tried Y/L/N. Now let's get eating," Tom laughs.

Y/N was so proud of herself for getting through the day with her speech relatively in tact. It was nice to spend time with all of us without her worrying about her speech. She knew they got it now. Tom and Scarlett head back to their hotel while we get ready for bed. Y/N climbs into bed with the biggest grin on her face.
"I love you," she states kissing me gently.
"I love you too. And I'm so proud of you baby," I reply kissing her again.
"Now I'm actually not that t...tired how about we kick last n...night up a notch," she smirks kissing my neck.
"Yes I need you," I plead. She lifts off my shirt and moves lower. No more guilt just enjoyment. We both needed this.