Chapter 24

Lizzie's POV:
The next day I'm in my trailer relaxing during lunch when there's a knock at my door. It's Tom he looks upset. I open the door and he starts pacing.
"She knows."
"What? How?" I ask gutted.
"Scarlett found out that I was always scheduled to work yesterday. She pressed me about it and worked most of it out on her own. She dragged me to Y/N's to meet her when she got home. I don't know what happened after I left. Scarlett told her I said the reason she hasn't told Scarlett she loved her is because she's in love with you," he explains.
"Do you really believe that?" I ask.
"Yeah I do but Lizzie she was hurt and so was Scarlett. I never should've suggested it. I'm worried about her. I messaged her mum and Y/N's going to stay with her for a few days to take some time out. We messed up Lizzie," he sighs.
"No Tom this is my fault. Not yours. I just hope I haven't lost her," I whisper.
"She loves you Lizzie. The only way you lose her is if Scarlett doesn't forgive her. She won't be able to handle it," Tom explains.
"Should I talk to Scarlett? I think I owe her an apology," I inquire.
"Yeah I think you should. I'll apologise to her later," he agrees.

I head over to Scarlett's trailer and knock on the door. Chris opens the door and just glares at me.
"You've got some nerve being here," he warns me.
"I've come to apologise. I know I fucked up," I explain.
"Let her in Chris," Scarlett agrees.
"I'll be back to check in later Scarlett," Chris says leaving. I stand up opposite Scarlett who you can see has been crying.
"I don't know where to start. I'm sorry Scarlett. I said I was going to let her be happy but I'm selfish and I just couldn't. I love her and I couldn't let her go. It was disrespectful to you and your relationship. I forced and manipulated Y/N into wanting me and she still wouldn't break because she didn't want to hurt you and because she wants to be with you and be happy. I gave her the perfect first date but she still chose you. I'm sorry Scarlett. I should've let you both be happy," I apologise.
"How can I believe you? I get you wanted to be with her but to screw both of us over to do that just isn't excusable. All you had to do was talk to either of us about how you felt not when you were drunk or in the heat of the moment but if you had just been honest. Though I must admit I knew she wasn't ready to be with just me. I knew she was in love with you but I was so desperate to be with her I didn't care. And what upsets me most is that both of us would do anything for her and yet she still doesn't have anything positive to say about herself. She just can't see what I see but I feel like if you were with her she'd finally start to see her value," she sighs.
"What are you saying?" I ask.
"That when she gets back from her Mom's I'm ending it with her. Not because of her being jealous but because I want her to be happy and I fully believe that's with you. I swear to God Lizzie if you ever hurt her I'll kill you," she explains.
"Why are you doing this?"
"If you love someone you let them go. And it's the right thing to do for both of us. I'll never stop worrying about you and she'll never see her own value with me. She's the right person at the wrong time and there'll never be a right time," she answers.
"Thank you Scarlett. I'm sorry how this happened," I apologise again.
"I'm not doing this for you I'm doing this for Y/N. We were friends Lizzie all you had to do was talk to me. I don't know when or if I'll forgive you," she replies annoyed.
"Ok I understand."

A few days later:
Y/N's POV:
I'm finally back from being at home. It was just what I needed space and a distraction. My thoughts were clearer now. I knew what I wanted and what I needed. I didn't want to hurt Lizzie or Scarlett but I had to hurt at least one of them. As soon as I got home I asked Scarlett to come over to talk. She arrived at the door when I saw her I just smiled. I'd missed her massively. She gives me a hug.
"I've missed you," she whispers.
"I've missed you too," I reply as we pull apart. I sit down on the couch and she sits next to me.
"Can I go first?" She asks. I nod.
"All I ever wanted from our relationship is for you to be the happiest you could be within our relationship and within yourself. I think you were so happy within our relationship but not within yourself and I'm so sorry I couldn't make you see yourself the way I do but I'm so sure that Lizzie can. So because I love you Y/N I'm letting you go. It's always been Lizzie and it was stupid of me to be with you when it was so clear that you were in love with her and have been since we met. I guess part of me just would do anything to be with you even if it was just for a short time. And being with you has been wonderful. You taught me how I deserve to be treated in a relationship, that I should feel appreciated and special. Thank you Y/N for everything," she explains emotionally.
"I'm sorry Scarlett. I should've been honest with myself and you. My time away has made me realise that I do love you Scarlett. I'm sorry it took me so long to see it. When I met you I was broken and damaged, slowly but surely you fixed me and not just with tape but properly. Every time you showed me affection I felt myself mending. I owe you so much Scarlett. I just wish this could've worked or we met first because I think we could've been so happy together. I guess it's the right person wrong time. Maybe in another life," I apologise.
"That's exactly what I said to Lizzie. She really loves you and I've already made her promise not to hurt you or I'll kill her. I'm hoping we can still be friends but I'm not ready for that yet. I'm going back home for a week to see my daughter I think that'll do us both some good. I guess you really are a womaniser Miss Y/L/N," she laughs.
"Maybe I am. I'll never be able to thank you enough for the confidence you found within me Scarlett. People say never meet your heroes but I'm so glad I did because you lived up to it and more. Whoever ends up with you is one lucky person," I assure her.
"Can I kiss you? One last time?" She requests.

I smile and pull her in for a kiss. There was so much emotion there. Neither of us wanted it to finish. I hold her against me deepening the kiss. She straddles me as she bites on my bottom lip earning a moan.
"Will you be with me one last time?" She asks.
"Yes," I agree lifting her up carrying her to my room. Laying her on the bed I admire her for one final time.
"You're so beautiful Scarlett," I say kissing her once more.
"Are you sure?" I check.
"Definitely," she replies breathless. This was the perfect way to say goodbye.