Chapter 18

Author's note: I'm sorry stay with me please

Lizzie's POV:
Y/N had a shorter day today so asked if we could meet up and talk. I knew what was coming and didn't want to hear her say it but I needed to hear it. Maybe she's the right person at the wrong time. Maybe her and Scarlett will split up in a year or two and then I can fight for her all over again. I watch as her car pulls up outside my house. When I open the door I can see it in her face that I was right. She sat down on the couch and didn't know where to start.
"I know what you're going to say but I need to hear this. I need to know how my own fears ruined something that could've been the best thing that ever happened to me," I plead with her.
"I'm sorry Lizzie. I heard everything you said to Scarlett and you were right. I wanted you so badly but I didn't need you the way I do with her. You're so beautiful, kind and caring. All I want is for you to be happy but I don't know if we would make each other happy. I don't want you to change who you are for me and make yourself miserable. You deserve the world Lizzie and I can't give that to you. Maybe one day when we're grey and old we'll find our way back to each other. I'll give you as long as you need to be away from me and if you want to I'd still like to be friends or at least in your life. If not I get it completely just know that I'll never stop caring about you," she explains tearfully.
"I don't know if I'll ever be able to be your friend
Y/N, I'm sorry it's just too hard," I mumble through my tears.
"It's ok I understand. Will you at least send me a text once a month or tell Tom how you're doing just so I know you're ok?" She asks.
"Ok. Can I kiss you? Just once more?" I plead. She nods. I wipe my tears pulling her in for a kiss that's filled with everything I'm feeling and everything I have. We pull apart and rest our heads against each other. She takes a deep breath and stands up.
"I'll see you later Lizzie," she says smiling.
"I'll see you later," I reply sadly. As soon as she shuts the door I breakdown crying. This hurt.

Y/N's POV:
I pull up at my house and head inside. Scarlett tackles me in a hug knowing how much that hurt me to do.
"That was one of the worst things I've ever had to do," I sigh.
"I know. Do you want me to give you some space or should I distract you?" She asks.
"Will you train with me? I haven't done a workout in a few days and I need to get my frustration out," I request.
"Of course," she agrees. We head to my room to throw on some training gear. I notice Scarlett turn around when I start getting changed which I thought was sweet.
"You know you can look at me as much as you like. I'm all yours and it's nothing you haven't seen before," I assure her causing her to blush. I walk over to her bringing her in for a kiss.
"I'm one lucky woman," she smirks as I pull away.

We head to the gym in my house to workout, I can feel Scarlett watching me a lot of the time. I don't know how much working out she's actually doing.
Honestly I hated the gym but part of the job is keeping in shape so you're a better sell to the audience. The joys of the music industry. I finish with the punching bag Scarlett wraps my hands for me.
"Thank you. I would kiss you but I'm all sweaty it's kind of gross," I laugh.
"It's not like I haven't made you sweat before," she teases as she walks away. Damn. I try to focus on the punching bag but Scarlett was working out right next to me. She looked so good every doing a work out. How did she do that?
"I can feel you staring Y/L/N," she says as she turns around.
"I'm sorry. You're very distracting. You're too beautiful not to look at," I explain.
"You never have to apologise for looking at me. Have you finished?" She inquires.
"Yep. I need a shower though. Are you joining me?" I ask smiling. She nods smiling.

We get out of the shower and I'm feeling a little better.
"What do you want to do?" She asks.
"I need a drink or three," I laugh.
"Well how about we go to the pub. We can invite Tom or leave it as just us?" She offers.
"I want to take you to my favourite pub. I'm kind of hungry too," I suggest.
"That sounds great. I'll get us a cab," Scarlett says as we finish getting ready.

We pull up to the pub and she seems nervous. I take her hand and kiss her on the cheek. She starts smiling so we walk inside. We sit down at the table and I order us drinks while she decides what she wants to eat.
"How come no one is bothered that you're here?" She asks confused.
"Well I'm in here a lot. I was in this pub before anyone outside of it knew who I was so it's not a big deal," I explain.
"That must be nice not having people treat you differently," she says smiling sadly.
"See the difference between you and I Scarlett is for every 100 people maybe 1 knows me whereas it'd probably be 95 of those people that know you. You're one of the biggest stars in Hollywood. I'm just an English woman that drinks a lot, can kind of sing and isn't straight. There's plenty of people just like me. There's no one like you," I reply.
"You always sell yourself short Y/N. I mean a small amount to a lot of people. But your music and you have the power to save people. You're so special to me and so many other people. Why can't you see yourself the way I see you?" She asks stroking the hair out of my face.
"I have never seen myself in a positive light. That's just the way I am. The only things I'm proud of is the way I can look after my family and the way I am with my fans and the impact I have on them," I explain.
"If you don't see yourself that way then I'll spend everyday showing you and telling you how I feel about you so you know how wonderful you are. You mean so much to me Y/N," she assures me.
"I was going to wait for it to be some big romantic gesture but this feels like the right time. I don't want to wait to call you mine anymore. I don't want to hide how I feel about you or not hold your hand in public because we're scared of someone finding out. I just want to be with you wholly, completely and unapologetically. So Scarlett will you be my girlfriend?" I ask pulling out a Pandora box with a charm bracelet from my bag. She starts smiling and blushes.
"I would love to be your girlfriend," she replies pulling me in for a kiss. Scarlett holds out her wrist for me to put the bracelet on.

I head up to the bar to order food and Luke the bartender just looks at me sideways.
"Can I help you Luke?" I ask confused.
"Y/N how? I mean I get it you're pretty and famous but how did you manage that?" He inquires.
"Honestly I don't know. She's so out of my league it's unreal but I'm going to enjoy my time with her until she inevitably realises that I'm not good enough for her," I laugh. I order the food then head over to sit down next to Scarlett. Putting my arm around her I kiss her cheek and she smiles.

We sit and drink having a great time spending quality time together. I've been hectic with work so we haven't been able to see each other as much recently. As it starts getting later a band comes in starting to play.
"Do you want to dance?" I ask offering Scarlett my hand.
"Yes let's do it," she agrees. We dance carefree letting the music flow through us while we enjoy ourselves. Seeing her laugh and smile like this just made me like her more and more. From what started as one of the hardest days of my life ended up to be one of the best evenings.