Chapter 44

Y/N's POV:
I find a hotel nearby put my bag down in the room then sit in the bar sipping a drink trying to work out what the fuck just happened. Someone sits in the seat next to me.
"Hello stranger," the familiar voice says.
"Florence. What are you doing here?" I ask.
"It's auditioning season. I must say when I checked into this hotel I was hoping to bump into someone I know I didn't expect it to be you. But damn I'm glad it was. You're looking good Y/L/N," she smirks.
"Listen can we not do this? I'm not that person anymore I'm in a relationship. The normal thing we do where you pretend to be my friend and have changed and then we end up in bed together and I hate myself for it. That won't be happening. It's been a very long day. I'm just not in the mood for this," I sigh.
"Come on. Just have one drink with me we can sit in silence while you brood. Or you can tell me what Miss Olsen has done wrong," Florence suggests.
"I'm getting myself a drink. You're more than welcome to sit and for me to ignore your existence," I snark.
"Why the cold shoulder Y/L/N?" She queries.
"I don't know the fact that we dated in secret for months you hid me the entire time. As soon as I started to question when or if it would happen you'd pull me back in by making promises. Then when I finally left you'd still always be there trying to drag me back to whatever this was," I rant irritated.
"It's your choice to come back Y/N. It's not all on me. You always want what you can't have. I was always the unobtainable. That's why you keep coming back. I bet Lizzie had never dated a girl before you met her. She was straight and that only made her more enticing. I bet there was a time where she hid you from everyone. It's part of the chase that you love," Florence calls me out.
"You know what you're absolutely right. That was me. But I met Lizzie and everything changed. She's it for me. She's my future," I assure her.

"If that's true then why are you here sulking by yourself in a bar in LA?" She asks.
"Because I got blindsided meeting her family tonight. I went with the intention of proving that I was worthy of their daughter's affection and all they wanted was for me to sign a prenup. And Lizzie said nothing. Not one word," I sigh.
"That sucks. I'm sorry but if you really love her that much you should just sign it. Is it really worth losing her over?" Florence advises.
"No it's not. It's just the fact she didn't even vouch for me. She didn't say a word. They made me feel inferior and she just watched. I would fight against anyone for her. But she just wouldn't do the same. She doesn't trust me," I explain.
"So you ran away instead?" She laughs.
"I didn't want to talk to her. I didn't run away. I'll go back tomorrow to talk to her. I just needed time to think and drink," I refute.
"If she didn't care why did she send me?" Another familiar voice states from behind me.
"Well if you change your mind and fancy some fun while you're in town let me know. You know you'll always come back to me Y/L/N. I'll see you around," Florence smirks kissing my cheek.
"Not this time," I assure her.
"We'll see," she states smiling at Lauren.

Lauren sits down next to me ordering us both a drink.
"How did she know where I was?" I inquire sipping it.
"She didn't. She called me sobbing asking me to check all the hotels in this area because you won't talk to her," she explains.
"Did she tell you why?" I ask.
"She couldn't really talk but the gist of it was something about a prenup and she didn't stick up for you. Something about trust as well," she relays.
"Why did she send you?" I query.
"Because she loves you dipshit. She wanted to check you're ok. And so you weren't too panicked," Lauren answers sipping her drink.
"Well you can report back that I'm fine except from the obvious devastation that she doesn't trust me. I am glad to see you though," I say smiling.
"I'm glad to see you too. Let me just call your girlfriend and we can catch up properly," she laughs.
"Actually let me," I request. She smiles nodding.

I take a deep breath as I press the call button.
"Hey are you ok? Where are you? You didn't panic did you? I'm sorry. I love you," she rambles.
"Hey breathe I'm ok. I'm at a hotel with Lauren. She found me and I'm fine please stop worrying. We'll talk tomorrow. Please get some rest ok?" I request.
"Ok I will do. I'm glad you're ok. I really am sorry. I love you Y/N," she apologises.
"I know Lizzie. You too," I mumble before I hang up.
Lauren smacks my arm.
"Ouch. What was that for?" I ask rubbing my arm.
"You didn't say you love her. Fuck this. You're coming with me," Lauren demands dragging my arm pushing me into the cab.
"Hey I have stuff here," I sigh.
"You're going home to your girlfriend. And you're going to stop being an idiot. She loves you and you love her. I'm taking the key to your room and will grab your stuff. I'll check you out in the morning. Now go and get your girl," she warns me.
"Fine but I'm not happy about it. Don't rack up my room service bill too much," I plead.
"No promises," she smirks.

I tell the driver where to go paying him when I get to Lizzie's. When I knock on the door I'm nervous. What do I say or do?